+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is my ex-boyfriend coming back?

is my ex-boyfriend coming back?

My ex-boyfriend of 2.5 years recently broke up with me because of his stressful job and me not being understanding. Anyways, he wouldn't answer my phone calls for a few days after, and then I would get so sad that I would call him from other phone numbers (for example, my house phone instead of my cell phone) and he would pick up and talk to me. Anyway, this morning I called him and left him a voicemail that said "If it is really over for good, let me know when I can come pick up my things from your apartment" He never responded, which gave me hope that he really didn't want it to be over. Finally, after feeling sad again, I called him and he answered his phone. I asked him when I could come get my things, and he said he doesn't have a day off until Thanksgiving, and he would get ahold of me as to when I can pick up my things that I left there. After hanging up, I wondered why I couldn't just go there some night when he gets out of work a little early and pick them up - why is he making me wait 2 weeks? Do you think he wants to think it over a little more and maybe is thinking about getting back together? And why would he want to prolong the inevitable - why wouldn't he just want to give me back my things and get me out of his life?

No he's probably not wanting to get back together. I'd never let a woman in my house whom I recently broke up with when I wasn't there. Even if they left me, I wouldn't let them enter my house while I was away.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I agree, And it's probably just like he said, becasue he doesn't have any time off. I wouldn't want to come home from a long day's work and deal with something that was going to upset me so I can see why he wouldn't want to do that either.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Anyway, this morning I called him and left him a voicemail that said "If it is really over for good, let me know when I can come pick up my things from your apartment" He never responded, which gave me hope that he really didn't want it to be over.

you took it wrong. he doesn't want anything to do with you. that's what it sounds like to me. sorry.

i agree, sorry to say but thats how love is, it sucks.. if he doesnt answer ur calls hes too stressed or doesnt want anything with you, id say just move on before you tangle urself up in sadness

IMO, you still have a small chance. If it was me, id want you out as soon as possible especially if I was 100% sure that there was nothing left between us.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Or he may have thrown her stuff away.

Quote Originally Posted by MissJenna0583
    his stressful job
    He's probably working alot and stressed and would rather you pickup your stuff when he has the time. He probably figures you two will get into talking/arguing etc. and doesn't have time to deal with it during the middle of his work week. either that, or he did throw your stuff out.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

lots of reasons which will come to nothing if you keep thinking about it.

stop thinking about it.

wait for two weeks and get your stuff.

and if possible try to forget him.

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

if he wanted you back he would have said he was sorry for the breakup and he wants you back. he doesn't want to deal with you right now, he wants a break and your not giving it to him.

give yourself a break too.
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

I have to agree with most folks on here.

If he's under stress at work, he doesn't want more stress, and no matter what, the "property exchange" after a break up is tough.

Move on. Find things to do. Pick up your stuff when he's ready for you to.

I think he's keeping you hanging. I'd go round and get my things, why should your hurt be prolonged two weeks??my ex did the same thing to me, I got my things then completely cut him out, left him alone for 7 weeks and he finally realised i was the one and we are now back together, try it...it really does work. Let me know how yolu get on. DON'T WAIT!! YOU DESERVE BETTER HUN
    Jakki

Tone Guest
    Its been months
    And for some reason I just...
    (can't get over us)
    And I'm stronger than this
    (enough is enough)
    No more walkin round
    With my head down
    I'm so over being blue
    Cryin over you

And I'm so sick of love songs