+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feel like I won't ever date or get a boyfriend?

Feel like I won't ever date or get a boyfriend?

I am 23 and never had a boyfriend before or dated. I am 5'4 and 119 lbs but no guys ever seem interested in me. I used to think I am not ugly but now I am starting to think I am because I never get male attention. I haven't tried online dating but whenever I go out, men never hit on me, flirt, or approach me. I never even have had a guy ask for my number or leave his number. I feel like I won't ever date anyone or get a boyfriend. It honestly makes me so sad because I hear stories of other women getting hit on so much by men but this practically never happens to me. I feel like other women have it so easily but I have it so hard and I don't understand why. I feel so forever alone.

I think some guys are scared to approach in the light of the .. #metoo .. movement for fear women will take their usual banter as some kind of harassment. Casual flirting, if pleasant between both parties and has a give and take is not harassment and women can tell the difference so it might not just be something about you it could be the nature of the world now. Are you seeking male attention, are you a talk to people you barely know, do you flirt, make eye contact? I never had guys hit on me in my late teens early 20s but it was mostly because I gave off the vibe off don't try I am taken, I wonder what vibe you could slightly give off if you think it may be something you yourself are doing to keep men away? Why not take control and if there is a guy you know that you like and know he is single, ask him out, why wait for them to ask you? You pursue, not wait to be pursued.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

is obvious to men which girls have low self esteem and will be no fun clingers and complainers. you probably don't socialize with anyone so men will avoid you and focus on popular girls as best target. dress sexy, be outgoing and friendly and they will be like bees on honey.

cunnie don't think anything wrong about yourself. Improve your personality and talk confidently with boys, one day you will get your mate.

Cunnie you have no confidence to yourself but it is not your fault. Maybe there are some thing affecting your self-confidence like appearance, dressing , makeup, knowledge or friend zone or even your growth. Just too little things of you we can know from your passage, so we can only say something to motivate you in only motivation words that not really helpful to you. Can you offer more things about yourself, so that we can give you some particular opinion on how to upgrade your confidence instead of giving words with no use of addressing your weakness.

i support [MENTION=87339]jay2665[/MENTION] suggest. the more information you supply will enhance laymen assistance to your dilemma and self piety correction

Stop self pitty start online dating
    Report here

You seem depressed. Work on looking happier and your positive energy levels. Do some sports, healthy living, soul searching, meditating, church and so. It should help you look more approachable. When you are depressed people dont approach you.
    "Cry and you will cry alone, laugh and all the world will laugh with you."
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

I completely understand how you feel. I've always been on the opposite side of that coin. I have always been a guy feeling like no woman would ever love me. Truth is, some of that was out of my control.... but a large portion of it was my own fault. And, believe me I'm not saying that to say you are to blame. That is not my point at all. I'm just saying, it never hurts to self-reflect. Maybe you don't realize you put off a negative and/or unapproachable vibe you don't intend. Or a million other possible explanations. Truth is, though, that is all speculation. I have no clue. If you can maybe share more details (as much as you feel comfortable sharing) that could help.

But, maybe you just haven't been around the right guys. Being a guy I obviously can't know from experience, but I bet a lot of women would love it if guys didn't constantly hit on them. If there is any silver lining to your dark cloud, at least you've not had a lot of creeps bothering you. But, believe me, I understand how you feel.

I'm not going to pretend like it is easy, because it is not.... but you know what's been helping me out A LOT. In my darkest times, I've basically given up hope that love could ever be meant for me... but not long ago I decided to ask myself this question... So, what if love isn't meant for me? What if it will never be mine.... well, then what?

I didn't want "then what" to be I'd live the rest of my days miserable and alone, depressed and hating every moment of my existence. Instead, I started to focus on learning how to be happy anyway. So, at least for the immediate future, that would be my suggestion to you. Learn to appreciate you, to find the love and happiness you need in yourself. To me, the ultimate goal in life (at least as far as love is concerned) is to find enough happiness in yourself to not NEED love.... but then to want it and ultimately find it anyway. It's not an easy process, but it is worth trying. I'm working on it myself.

Truth be told, it can help make you so much more positive in general.... and you never know. It can even have an effect on other people. They can sense that in you even if they don't specifically know it. It could even ultimately result in you finding love when you otherwise thought it unlikely. ...And heck, even if not, at least you learn to be happy anyway.

Best of luck to you. I truly, honestly believe that you WILL find love some day, that life will prove you wrong.... but even if you don't think so, then at least focus on appreciating yourself enough to be happy anyway. Good luck.