+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Season 10 Movie review - The Forrest Gump

[MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION] I always wondered why they didn't do the second follow up novel about Forrest Gump as well, but, I think a lot had to do with Tom Hanks not wanting to do another movie of the same character which makes me think has he ever replayed a character after that movie, and if so which and if he has then that was a fib and not the real reason why he wouldn't do the second movie.

Here is the second movie wiki:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gump_and_Co.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topazlight For This Useful Post:

I wouldn't know for sure... but the only role I can think of off the top of my head that Tom Hanks has done more than once has been Woody from Toy Story. I mean, I could be forgetting something. It's not like I am a Tom Hanks expert. LOL! But that's the only one I can think of right now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheEvilJester For This Useful Post:

here you guys go:
    https://www.looper.com/13814/forrest-gump-2-never-got-made/

some of what it says on hanks:

Tom Hanks famously eschewed sequels until Pixar backed a dumptruck of cash into his driveway and persuaded him to return for Toy Story 2. But in the case of Forrest Gump, Hanks claims he never considered a sequel for a second. Not for Jenn-ay, or a hot new pair of Nikes, or all the boxes of chocolates in the world. He even went so far as to tell Entertainment Weekly that Forrest's famous catchphrase "'Stupid is' makes me kind of sick," and that a sequel would "ruin what we had done." That's bridge-burning language if there ever was any.

But none of this is to say Hanks dislikes the film or has any regrets as it did, after all, earn him the second of his back-to-back Best Actor Oscar Awards. In his Reddit AMA, he described how he was brought to tears during the scene where Lt. Dan walks on his prosthetic legs, and he was so fired up about the script, he described himself as "absolutely bent" after reading it, according to Turner Classic Movies. So, his 'hard no' towards a sequel seems to be entirely hinged on an effort to leave well enough alone, which is a lesson many Hollywood executives—particularly anyone involved with Blues Brothers 2000—could stand to learn.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Exeter19 For This Useful Post:

Bump for pcmaster and since Glyc and breathe have not been on and posted their reviews.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I wonder why he hates that "stupid is as stupid does" line so much. I hadn't heard he felt that way before.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123