[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=77017]lovebroken[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=78654]dollhouse[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=85495]CantMoveOn[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70896]Exeter19[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=78034]breathe123[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=70280]Jffs24[/MENTION]
    [MENTION=85795]GLYC[/MENTION]

So I decided to let IMBD to cut the tie by rating the movies - the highest rated movie will be the one we will review.

Big Fish, 2003 8 out of 10 stars

The Princess Bride, 1987 8,1 out of 10 stars

Forrest Gump (1994) 8,8 out of 10 stars

SO the winner is Forrest Gump!

Congratulations CantMoveOn! Your movie has won!

Now we have preferably just two weeks to watch and review it. But sure if we will wait for longer if someone can't watch it so quick. Till topic auto lock or so.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

It's up already. Congratulations, CantMoveOn. THis is a long movie isn't it, I will try to watch to refresh my memory from long ago watching the movie in order to type up a review on it.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

So yeah just watched the movie. Decided that why not do it now since have time before work.

Movie was really long and changed a lot. Forrest mum sure worked hard to get him in good school lol. But I think I saw a scene where he ran with braces and they fell off when I was a little kid, maybe even before starting going to school.
    Anyway what was constant in a movie was relationships. Especially with his mum and the girl. I think he should have spend more time with his mum since he returned home only when she was dying.

Also I always knew that girl did mistake by not sticking with Forrest but choosing go to other places. Especially when she left him after stealing his virginity. Since in the end they got married anyway. Could have spend all those years with his son and be together with her if she didnt left him earlier. It took her so many years and being close to death to become smart enought to stay with Forrest.
    Sure it was stupid that he ran for years - its an addiction of unsorted things. Many people get addicted to running or exercise.

At some point it hit me that guy achieved a lot in life. Been tru quite a few highlights in his life and he reminded me of Arnold Swarchneger. It made me remember that its not our abilities but our choices that makes us.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Congrats, CantMoveOn, and excellent idea [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION] to go by ratings to break a tie.

I watched this movie so long long ago probably like the rest of you but I still want to take the time this weekend to watch it once more to get the full movie-going experience and give pcmaster a proper review.

What I recall from long ago was that I really loved his relationship with Lieutenant Dan( had a weird crush on Gary Sinise) and their bond through war times and into the future over his relationship and bond with Jenny. I also recall people saying Jenny was a whore but wasn't jenny sexually and physically abused by her father as a child and that upbringing shaped her life choices, sexuality, drugs etc..I can't recall if she got aids from sex or drugs tho and I recall I loved the kid who played his son and then that kid did another of my favorite movies Sixth Sense after

Look forward to revisiting this movie.

I love this movie. I own it, so I will try to find some time to watch it soon. It is kind of a long movie. I have some pretty busy weekends the next few weeks, but I'll try to find some time to watch it again. Though, truthfully, I've already seen the movie many times, so I will be able to start jumping into the discussion even before I get the chance to re-watch it. I pretty much remember the whole thing, so I may jump in here and there anyway.

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION]

I need to rewatch the movie again but, from what I remember Jenny was a drug addict and I thought she got Aids from her drug use and that it must have happened after she was with Forrest that one time(?) to get pregnant with baby Forrest because neither of them contracted her Aids virus.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I'm excited, I've never actually watched the entirety of this movie, ever. Lol

so we are up and running. i will put in my review next week, pc. i've seen the movie but wouldn't mind watching it again, can get for free online.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

So excited, Thank you [MENTION=42177]pcmaster[/MENTION].

I own several Tom Hanks movies, this being one of them so even though I could discuss right now I will do the movie a service and watch it fully again to put forth a good review

[MENTION=81349]topazlight[/MENTION] She was also a prostitute, but I might be remembering that wrong, but certain she so did it leave it open to interpretation as to which way if not both she got that disease? What I loved about Jenny and Forrest was that he loved her unconditionally and that is beautiful and Jenny knew it, she may have taken advantage of that at times but I think she loved him back too, because he also treated her with respect no matter how she treated him, or what bad she did in her life.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Congrats~ CantMoveOn. It's a good movie to watch on a weekend. I'll sit with mine & watch together.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

^Thank you.

I didn't have time yet to rewatch yet but going to but in a review anyhow since I watched it a few times before, lol and why bother waiting since pcmaster gave his quick review already.

I love this movie, one because it has that magical, feel good thing to it, and you have a likeable lead/hero of the movie who despite the obvious obstacles he is given in his life he succeeds and overcomes and becomes part of so many memorable moments in history, touching and changing peoples lives for the better. Because he has a kind, no judgmental loving way to look at life and to look at others too. People like his momma, Jenny, Dan, Bubba and others helped Forrest move along in his life knowing people were there for him that loved and cared about him, and I think if someone is handicapped for whatever reason you need that good and strong support system and he had it.

I cannot recall if he was to have a lower than IQ of 75 or something along that lines but in the film, you don't think of him as stupid because his EQ IMO is so darn high. He can see through the BS of others and make sense of things in a way geniuses can't because of lack that EQ. Tom Hanks was such a great casting for this movie and Gary Sinise too. Forrest loved Jenny and he felt the hurt of that love not coming back but he never gave up on her and showed her that someone loves her, no matter what and in her worse time would be there for her.

Special effects and acting, and story were so well done and put together that you feel like this movie is a beating heart before you, it makes you feel and love more for have watched it. Makes you wish you could live the life he lived, and saw the world through his eyes, and embrace you without all kinds of pretentiousness that we carry with us today.

I feel it is a 9/10 if were to give it a personal rating.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

I couldn't agree more that it was very much the simple goodness of Forrest that MADE this movie. That the character so deeply and sincerely cares for the people in his life who matter. I LOVED scenes like him meeting Bubba's family... and then when he creates Bubba Gump Shrimp and winds up becoming crazy rich... he still doesn't forget them and he shares the money with them. He didn't have to do that. He was under no obligation. Bubba passed away in the war long before Forrest ever started the company. But, in his mind, it was always as much Bubba's company as his, so he didn't even think any of it. To him it was just the right thing to do.

It's that kind of unwavering goodness that just made this such a wonderful movie. Scenes like that and Forrest saving Lieutenant Dan even when the Lieutenant himself was telling him to just go and save himself. It just simply was not in him to not try. He just could not stand by and let somebody die when he was able to do something to help.

I love this movie. Truly a very feel-good movie. We should have included this as part of the list when we were doing feel good movies. LOL!

Congratulations, [MENTION=85495]CantMoveOn[/MENTION].

I liked this movie, I will do another lookie-see at it and then put in my review. Just letting pc know I have been on and saw the review thread is up already. My recollections of the movie is the special effects of Forrest going through past historical events were fantastic and Tom Hanks was on a hot streak with his best acting ever.

All Bubba went on about was shrimp no wonder it stuck in Forrest's head, lol.

"Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it."
    ― Eckhart Tolle

jfc this forum. thankfully i copied this review bc took so long the forum logged me out and would have lost it.

thought i'd get my review in before going away for the weekend, it was a long runtime for this movie so would take me too long to type out a review on all points so i'll give a condensed version.

tom hanks had so many movies that were good, this one, big, castaway, philadelphia but i think forrest gump was the one that is the most original and probably my favorite. supposedly some of the shots

the run forrest run, who hasn't heard that line said at some point in their life - a classic forever line. i heard before that someone the shots where you don't see hanks face when running and when younger was hanks actual own brother doing the wide shots.

i think this was a well written, and had a lot great sight gags and heart and spirit, the main character is someone who isn't a typical hero, but he is a hero, and war hero, who stumbles through huge moments in time doing things his way and succeeding. it is a good mix of humor, drama and for some tears, with fairly excellent cgi for the time it was made.
    the main thread through the movie was forrest's love of jenny the girl of his dreams from his childhood and it follows both of them from their childhood struggles right up to her death and him finding out after a sexual encounter with jenny her child is also his. his feelings for her never changed from childhood on, i know lots of people who hated the character of jenny the same ones that hate kate let leo drown in titanic, lmao i think jenny felt unworthy, and why she rebuked forrest for so long.

it has forrest narrating his life to strangers, so unbelievable to those who sit on the bench and listen to him talk about his life, thinking this simple man is making up stories unaware what a rich life this guy has lived and how well off he actually is. forrest loved his mom, his girl, jenny, his male friends, dan and bubba and all the strangers he met along his journey and lived his life in his own innocence making those around him see their own worth too. what makes the movie and the lead so likeable and the movie so bankable and worth repeat viewings.

i always liked his long run scene, and wiping his face after on the t-shirt and bringing about the simily face logo. running was this dudes release, his freedom from his life, his bullies and a way to be special, his talent. i could relate that he ran to make sense of things, and think about people who mattered in his life, plus images during was great through that long scene, lmao shit happens!and all the war parts and scenes he had with lt. dan were also among my favorite parts of the movie.

give it a 8/10 and favorite characters were obviously forrest and lt. dan.
    When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do.
    William Blake

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Exeter19 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast