+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I fell in love with a Calculus teacher.

I fell in love with a Calculus teacher.

I am teaching at a university where I have a colleague who happened to be so good at numbers. She is a Calculus teacher and I admire her for that. It’s very rare to see women with these kind of talent. Because of that, I start to idolize her so much until I noticed a foreign feeling inside me. Everyday, I often find myself looking for her around the campus. Perhaps this is no longer an admiration I’m feeling and I guess it’s more than that. Do you think this is love already?

Of course this is love~ Actually you know that but with some signal i will mention, you can be more confirmed about your feeling. Signal one you already had is that you want to see her everyday every moment. Sometimes you would be very happy and sweet if you come across her in the campus. Signal two is the fast heart beat and nervousness when you see her face-to-face or talk with her. Signal three is that you would miss her when you hadnt seen her a whole day or few days. Then in your mind, you always think about her, dream of her or imagine your future, dating , kiss scene , sweet touch, approach and flirt to her, etc. If you have all of these, i 100% sure you are falling in love with her.

But remind that after confirmed the feeling, you gotta take actions~dont waste time^^

It's infatuation/lust/admiration. Ask her out already and see if this can develop into love.

Thank you everyone. Maybe I should ask her out and see how things will go from there.

Yeah, just ask her out. I second that it's lust/infatuation.
    You can like her, but I wouldn't call it love. You hardly know her yet.

And I feel like you can't truly know someone all that well in terms of relationships, without interacting with them in that manner.

The math isn't hard on this one. Could one plus one equal two? Well, just add it up. Don't divide too much of your time thinking about it. Solve for X. ...Okay, I'll stop with the terribly corny math jokes now. LOL!

But, seriously... if you want to ask her out just ask her out. I mean, I would at least say proceed with some caution. Dating co-workers CAN get tricky. If, for whatever reason, it didn't go well... do you two work closely and often enough that it might be awkward/uncomfortable? Or, would you be apart enough that it could be okay? That's something to consider.

Truth be told, though, if you like her and think it could maybe be fun getting to know her better, then just ask her out. Try not to over think it. But, I also think just as importantly, you do need to realize that it is not love. Not yet. That isn't to say it couldn't develop into love. That also is NOT, by any means, meant to diminish how great it can feel to have a crush on somebody. But, you can't actually LOVE somebody until you've been together and until you know them enough to really feel that way. Otherwise, sure it feels like love and it feels great... but you're really at that point just in love with an idea. With who you THINK they are. Could turn out who you think they are really is who they are, could turn out not. Important thing to realize because the last thing you want to do is to go up to some person you barely know and profess your love to them like you are a cartoon character seeing a pretty lady for the first time. LOL! Just keep it simple.

Good luck!

I guess you could tell her that you've run the numbers,...carried the "1",...and determined that it is a well calculated move to meet you for dinner next Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by PRW View Post
    I guess you could tell her that you've run the numbers,...carried the "1",...and determined that it is a well calculated move to meet you for dinner next Friday night.
    Oh yay! More math puns! I love puns. LOL! ...And math for that matter. I love math as well. I miss calculus. I want to take it again just for funsies.

Quote Originally Posted by PRW View Post
    Lol, love it.

What do you want?