+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do now?!

What to do now?!

Hi everyone, I met a girl when I'm doing summer school at a college. She's a local student helper for the summer while I'm from another country. We have messaged for few days but I didn't wanna push too hard on her, so when she started to reply in single sentences, I let the conversation ended naturally. We do actually meet each others once or twice a week due to some school organized events and we do chat face to face every time. She's a really nice girl that I really want to chat more with her and try to date her. Is there any suggestion how to restart a conversation lively (I don't really want to just suddenly throw an awkward flirty message to her) and ask her out?

Just be upfront, direct and ask her out. The goal is to find out if she's in, or if she's out. If she's out, you'll find someone else.

This is as easy as saying,

"Hey, are you going to be free anytime this week to meet up for drinks or coffee? I'd love to get to know you better."

It's only awkward if you make it awkward. Just be confident with a take it or leave it attitude, like you know you're valuable, but you also have nothing to prove nor do you have an ego. Always be kind and playful, regardless of her response. If that makes sense.

As a super shy guy, I definitely know how hard it can seem to do this... but, yeah, GLYC is right. There's no magical, perfect, right way to do it or perfect time/moment to ask. Just ask. Just keep it simple, just like GLYC suggested. Honestly, even if it is somebody you are super crushing on, you still should treat it just like you are asking any other girl in the world out. Like you'd love it if her answer was yes, but it isn't like it would crush you if her answer was no (even if maybe it sort of would, you don't want to let on to that).

You didn't go into much detail, so I don't know if this is somebody for whom you've developed a crush, or if it is just a girl you barely know yet but think it would be cool to get to know her better. But, again, I think you just treat the situation the same either way. Otherwise, if you just keep waiting for some magical sign, or keep waiting for the right moment, it will never come. You'll just continue to psyche yourself out and wait for the perfect moment. Take it from a guy who knows.

Do you get to see each other in person much? You could maybe chat her up a bit first to see if you get some sense for whether she could be interested if that makes you feel more comfortable. But, really, either way just don't over think it. Don't wait too long. Just go for it.

Good luck!

What do you really want to do with this girl? What do you picture yourself doi?