+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Ladies, what would you do if you were picked up by a giant bird?

Ladies, what would you do if you were picked up by a giant bird?

Say it's a nice day and you're taking a nice walk somewhere, when out of nowhere, a giant bird swoops down on you from above, grabs you by the arms with its claws, and lifts you right off the ground.

How do you react? Are you scared? Excited? Angry? Happy? Do you try to wriggle free?

(I'm writing a story where this happens to a female character, and in writing this part, I'm curious how other girls here would react in that situation.)

A bird, or giant owl? Either way, I would scream and try to flip myself up and kick them hard in the beak or throat, hard enough to startle them so they drop me. If the fall is too high and kills me all the better than being eaten and clawed to death in some giant birds nest. Yes, I'd be terrified, probably pee myself and or vomit. Who would be happy about that situation?
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Try to reach for the gun I carry in my bra and shoot it in the head You've gotta die trying!
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

First will try to get the bird to let me go by wiggling around hard while the bird is still flying at a low level enough for me to not fall and dye tragically. But if we are too high up, I will reach for my phone, call 911, hoping the police will call a helicopter or give me some advice on what to do.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

I enjoyed breathe123's answer. I need a gun for my bra too - these days. lol

I would assume some giant bird doesn't just appear without reports so I would put some repellent on me that makes me less than desirable for a giant bird to snatch me.

lol y'all are too prepared for this! I like these answers.

Quote Originally Posted by topazlight View Post
    I enjoyed breathe123's answer. I need a gun for my bra too - these days. lol

I would assume some giant bird doesn't just appear without reports so I would put some repellent on me that makes me less than desirable for a giant bird to snatch me.
    Maybe, but what if it managed to snatch you before any reports about it have dropped? How do you react to this?

Hit it with my huge monster purse that also holds my laptop most times and crack its skull...if at all possible to do and force it to release me from its talons.

I watched a podcast that talked about this. Imagine these prehistoric ****s chasing you to eat you. Would be terrifying!

Quote Originally Posted by GLYC View Post
    I watched a podcast that talked about this. Imagine these prehistoric ****s chasing you to eat you. Would be terrifying!

Oooh, which podcast?

Large eagles and large owls pick up cats and dogs. Prehistoric ones would be terrifying.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by baddayforfishin View Post
    Oooh, which podcast?
    Joe Rogan, it was just a 10 minute or so part of the discussion with comedian Theo Von