+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Younger men hitting on me

Younger men hitting on me

Hi There,

So I am 30 year old and I have recently started online dating. I am looking for a serious relationship that will lead to marriage because I am in that point in my life where I want to start a family. My ideal man would be someone in his 30s, who had at least a few years of work experience and have money saved up for marriage and/or to buy property.

However, I have noticed that I am quite popular among men 25-27 year old young professionals who are just starting out. Many of these men are from cultural backgrounds (hispanics, middle eastern) where they usually view women are who over 29 to be "leftovers". I have a youthful appearance and I have a prestigious job. I say, on these dating websites, men who approach me range from early 20s to 40s.

Why would a younger man be interested in an older woman? How do they view women are who older than them and whether they are just looking for a bit of fun. I am not in my life where I am just willing to waste any time just ****ing around. Of course, not everyone is going to be honest with me with their intentions even if I ask. So, what do you guys think?
    Last edited by fearoflove; 03-08-18 at 06:43 AM.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Older women have a special allure to them because they have certain characteristics, or at least for me. I usually end up dating women my own age though. At 26, I'm excited to be getting closer to the 30 age bracket for dating.

I think there's great benefits to dating an older woman, if you're a mature guy.
    I find that my goals, values and morals typically lie more with an older woman.

Older women have more of a tendency to not play games, be upfront, say what they mean, wear their hearts on their sleeves, be great communicators, are strong, positive, career+family oriented, etc. And because of that, I actually view them as being more attractive.
    Last edited by GLYC; 03-08-18 at 06:15 AM.

They are still in your age range not so much younger you couldn't consider them as dating partners. Maybe open up your age range you'd consider to 5 years younger than you and you will have far more viable options to pick from in the dating pool.

Quote Originally Posted by topazlight View Post
    They are still in your age range not so much younger you couldn't consider them as dating partners. Maybe open up your age range you'd consider to 5 years younger than you and you will have far more viable options to pick from in the dating pool.
    I might if they are mature enough. I'm just wondering why they might be interested. Definitely want to weed out those with no intentions of a serious relationship.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

So because you are 30 and he is 27 you doubt his sincerity?

Either you are just superficial or afraid to start any relationship and seek reasons not to