+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm frickin stressed!

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I'm frickin stressed!

OK so now my BF said he wants to move up the date for our wedding to 2007. Which is ok, no big deal. But there is so much crap to do it's ridiculous. I've been trying to find reception halls and I just have no idea where to start. Anyone have any ideas? I mean it's not like I'm wanting this big extravaggant wedding, but I god there's so much to do, I can very easily see myself getting overwhelmed. I'm trying to get pricing and find what we want so we know how much we need for all this. Let me know if you guys ahve any ideas ok?
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

I dont have any ideas but I don't see why you would be stressed over something that's a year or two away. I know it's not something you can put together in 3 months, but you got tons of time.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh I know, I'm just stressed becasue there's so much to look at to figure out how much we need to put away for it. I want some ideas of what we want and how much it will cost.

I'm stressed because of a couple other reasons as well so this kinda adding to it ya know?

Yea I know. I couldn't believe all the wedding crap my Ex had put together (found when I was getting her stuff together after she left me).....and I hadn't even asked her yet. Anyway, just take a deep breath. Remember, Google is your friend and there are tons of magazines as well on the subject.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, Thanks Tavs!!! I was trying to find some helpful webistes but there is so many that are full of crap!!! I think i'm going to go on a magazine shopping spree... LOL

I think a lot of woman have this image of their wedding day even as a child. Although I didn't. I knew there was a lot to it but I never imagined all this.

Rosebud I KNOW what youre feeling! When Chris and I set our date a few weeks ago, the first call I made was to the Gardens where we want our ceremony, and they're booked for that date, DAMNT! So I had to change the date, I was NOT getting married anywhere else. The Knot is a GREAT website and I highly recommend it. It gives you month to month what youre suppose to do, ideas, a budget planner, a guest list, I mean EVERYTHING! I use it everyday. It even keeps track of the days you have let to go.

I honeslty wouldnt panick too much at this point, the biggest thing you need right now is getting your places reserved, remember to have money for deposits NOW. These places are well booked at least a year ahead of time, it sucks.

Goodluck and try that website I bet you''l love it!
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

I can imagine it's stressful. At least you have some time though. I haven't even thought about where I would want to get married.

Open Bar. Everything else is kind of irrelevant.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yes Lloyd, that's what we have planned, we are putting most of our money into the reception. Our friends and family are big partier's!!!! yes Squirrley thank you, I'm using the knot and modern bride. The thing is, I don't want to spend a ton of money since we are the ones paying for it. His parents may help a little but I don't come from a family that has money, which I don't mind at all but it's hard to find good deals on things. We have the photographer, but that's it. It's crazy the cheapest reception hall I found (not including renting the hall) the dinner was $29/person. We Have 100 people coming so far. I'm putting my effort into the hall and all that stuff since that's where most of the money is going to go. grrrrrrrr, but thanks you guys for helping me here. I know it's a ways off Junsui but the fact is you ahe to place depositis down a year in advance at least to reserve your date and even then, most of the time it's booked. And with him now wanting it in 2007 that leaves me 2 months left on this year to have a head start in this.

That sucks. My roommate is getting married in October and my best friend is getting married in January. I know my best friend didn't start planning a year ahead lol, but my roommate has started planning.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOl.. well a lot of times if you don't, you won't get the big things because they will be booked on your date and then you have switch all the other things around because one place won't be available that day. It's a big pain, that's why it's better to do in advance. I'm trying to write down all the places and things I want, and there's so much. I mean I don't care about the flowers or stuff like that... It's just the big things I'm already getting frustrated with.

OMG i just forgot, my brides maids are not going to be happy with me...There's so much drama with all my GIRL friends....yikes....

Geez. I think I'll just elope.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, We had talked about going to Justice of peace but I want that one big day!

Yeah, I understand. I just don't want to have to plan all of that. If someone could just do it all for me, then sure!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, they do have wedding planners..but they are not cheap! Luckily I think I can convince one of my friends to help me that has planned all this stuff before, but then again she's materialistic and may just turn out to be a pain in my butt.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast