+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is there hope we can work it out?

Is there hope we can work it out?

Hi, I'm new here. I joined this forum bc I am desperate to get others' opinions. My boyfriend and I recently got into an argument. I said some really mean things that I regret. So he broke up with me. Part of me understands but part of me feels resentful towards him bc he promised he'd never give up on me. I suffer from borderline personality disorder and severe depression so he's aware of how fragile my emotions are. Not that I'd expect to be coddled bc of it. Just thought he'd be a little more understanding. Ok, so to give as much info as possible, we haven't been together long. Only 6 months. But I really care about and love him. He's told me the same. This was his first relationship. In every aspect; physically, romantically, etc... not mine. When we argued I told him I'm just going to keep him around as a place holder until someone better comes along. I didn't mean it and obviously regret it now. He texted me the next day saying he thinks it's best we go our seperate ways. In spite of that, we continued talking and I continued fighting to be with him. Breaking down and crying over the phone. He said he WANTS to be with me but doesn't know how bc he doesn't trust me anymore. I feel like he's being a little too harsh bc I've never given him a reason to NOT trust me. Besides saying what I said, of course. He continued texting me good morning messages and telling me he loves me but we haven't seen each other or spoke over the phone since. Which isn't like us. A few days ago I begged him to define what's going on with us. If we're still together or not bc the ambigious, mundane texts were confusing and hurtful if we were no longer together. I felt like I was being led on. So I told him I still loved him but that the communication has to stop if we're not together anymore. I left the door open though and told him that if he wants to talk about us, he knows where to find me. That was 3 days ago. We haven't spoken since. Is there a chance we could work it out? Do I just give him space? Or is this indication that it's over? Also, am I wrong for feeling resentful for him completely abandoning me or is he well within his rights given what I said to him?

Thanks in advance

Could you bring this into an understandable readable format and post it again? Thank you

Thing is when you say cruel things to a person who thought you loved them, and or loved you especially what you told him, he believed you. Because the truth comes out when mad, and he wanted to end it because he believed you and because you hurt him. You can't then go but, no it was my bordeline pesonalities fault, this may have happened one too many times and he had enough. You have to prove you can not act out on him, if you can't do that you lose him. He drew his line in the sand with you. All on you now to do better, or lose him forever.

Give him space, change the meds you are possibly on, or readjust them, seek more counseling as well to manage anger and outburst to people who love you and you love so you don't continue to push people you care about away anymore. You can do this. Even if for yourself at this point. He was well within his rights, he felt hurt and his reaction came for your own actions.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

How much space do I give him? It's been 4 days so far... a week? Two? A month? ... 😔