+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Please, need advice

Please, need advice

Hello all! I'm new here and in need of some advice.

I had this boyfriend (I'll call him X). We were together 8 years on and off. Whenever he gets mad at me he always want to throw that "8 year" crap in my face, and how he's done a lot for me. first of, he don't really do jack for me, but give me headaches, and stress. Of course he brought me gifts, here and there... but boyfriends are supposed to do those things. He acts as if buying me gifts is really doing something for me. During our first 3 years of being together, i use to spend money on him, but I never bring that up. A matter of fact it seems as if he forgot what I use to do for him. Another thing is that he is controlling. He tells me who to be friends with, and where to go. When i don't Abie by his rules, he wants to accuse me of cheating, and calls me all types of names in the book. Therefore, I broke up with his sorry behind yesterday. I am so sick and tired of his angry ways!!!

The things is, when I broke up with him the last time, it lasted about six months. during that time, I met this other guy (let's called him Z). He was charming, and almost everything I ever wanted in a man. However, towards the end he got a little weird on me... he wouldn't talk to me, or have any fun. He basically became boring. So, I dropped him and got back with X.

In the last few weeks, I met this man "Y". He 29 years old, a little weird, but fun. He tells me that he likes me a lot, and want to be with me. He's living with my friend, so whenever I go there I have no choice but to see him. I can really feel myself falling for this one. However, he's shy. I told him I like him and he knows about my "boy problems", and he told me he'll give me some time to work those out. However, the problem with this one is he's living with my friend (a girl). He doesnt have a place to live right now. I don't know if I should give him a chance or not.

Darn, my life is like a soap. What would you guys do in my situation?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetee
    What would you guys do in my situation?[/B]

Its not that I know what I would do in your situation..its just ...im so happy that I am not you..it gives me...happy tears . Honestly....I dont see a problem here. Be with the one you want to be with.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

How old are you? And why would you go back to a guy that was abusive? Are you that afraid of being alone? I think you should try being single for awhile before jumping into some other relationship.

Tone Guest
    Stay away from X and Z.

See if Y works out.

Stay away from X.

Stay away from Z.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL Tone! I diagree with you that guys are suppose to buy gifts for their girlfriend frequently, but I know what your saying in all that. To be honest I wouldn't get involved with anyone for awhile until you have had enough time to figure out what kind of person you want, and heal from this past relationship. That was a long time and if you jump back into this something it could lead to turn out the same way. This guy that lives with your firend is obviously a caring person and knows you have had a hard time, if you pursue something and realize your not ready you could hurt him in the process. So take some time to yourself before jumping right back ont he train again.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Hi, I'm 24.
    The thing is the other guy (Y), gives me mixed signals. He tells me he likes me, but I'm so use to men falling for me. Not to sound conceited or anything, but usually when a man likes me he'll pursued the subject until my ears falls off. He's totally different from what I'm use to. He gives me my space, and everything. I'm not sure if it's because he knows I'm having these males problems or not. Anywho.... I, do think I need to do by myself. I'm sort of enjoying the single life. No one to harass me, keep tabs on me, and I can do what I want to do.

Now about X. He had the nerves to call me very late last night talking more trash to me. He thinks he can disrespect me, and I will always run to him. This time I'm holding it down. I don't need a person like that in my life anymore.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetee
    Hi, I'm 24.
    The thing is the other guy (Y), gives me mixed signals. He tells me he likes me, but I'm so use to men falling for me. Not to sound conceited or anything, but usually when a man likes me he'll pursued the subject until my ears falls off. He's totally different from what I'm use to. He gives me my space, and everything.
    Uh. Let's think about it for a second. Every other guy you've been with hasn't worked out, correct? Obviously or you wouldn't be single right now. This guy is different than all of them = Good Sign. He gives you space = Really good sign. And he told you that he likes you.