+ Follow This Topic

Thread: when it rains it pours?

when it rains it pours?

Hmm, seems this is often the case....for ever and ever it just feels like I've been unlucky in love and not have had relationships work out or whatever....

Finally I'm dating someone and it seems to be going quite well, actually.

And, poof - who pops up on the scene, but not 1 but 2 different guys who I've previously dated, and...with neither one of them did it work out badly .... these are 2 guys who it just hasn't been able to work out with in the past - mainly because of bad timing, etc. One guy in particular, was a situation where we just couldn't seem to get it together, and now he's phoning me up and chatting and interested in reconnecting.

Because the current relationship I'm in has been kind of slow moving (nothing wrong with that, I'm comfortable with pace - but still there is always uncertainty, and you know, we've all been hurt in the past so insecurities are bound to crop up.....etc.).

SOoooo, when mr. guy from 2 years ago pops up, I agreed to meet him for coffee and didn't say anything about current guy. HOWEVER, when it came right down to actually meeting, I didn't feel right about it (nor did I really see the point????) so I cancelled, and made a lame excuse.....

- ---- but I feel like I wouldn't, ..... now don't kill me for this..... mind keeping that door open......I mean, sort of an Ace in the Hole, so to speak. Without being dishonest to anybody or dishonoring my current relationship.

AND......how do I deal with these situations, just flat out say, thanks for the call, its been nice catching up, but I'm seeing someone right now so I don't think meeting up is a good idea????

Or is there a better way to say it?

Tone Guest
    I don't think what you're doing is wrong. I mean you say the guy you're currently seeing, things are going slow with... if you guys aren't "boyfriend girlfriend" yet then why not.

As far as what to say... I'll let someone else handle that one.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What to say depends on what you really want. I mean if your not exclusive with the guy your dating now then there's nothing wrong with leaving that door open but if you are I would not continue to go behind his back. I always believe in honesty, and being up front about it all.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!