+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is my brother gay or just a loser?

Is my brother gay or just a loser?

He's 25 this year and has his own apartment. I live with him as it school is much closer than at our parents' house. So he's still in college going for his bachelor's and he never dated anyone. Not to mention he has never even kissed a girl =/ He's rather a soft guy, he washes my cloths, do the dishes, cleans the whole house including my room =/, cooks for me and himself, gives me allowance and such. He's acting like my mom, I basically does nothing at home. My parents are really worry about his relationship as they suspected that he is gay, which he clearly mentioned he is not so many times. So what do you think is wrong with him? He has very little friends. Do you think he's still in a closet or just a loser who can't get any girl?

I wouldn't say he's gay.
    He probably just lacks confidence in himself since he hasn't had much experience.
    It happens. I'm sure he realizes that it's odd that he hasn't experienced that stuff himself.
    As a result, and on the flip, lacking that experience, is making it more difficult to get that experience.

Course he can overcome it with some inner strength.

He's totally an introvert. He does those things for you because you are his little brother, and cares about you. I feel he is being more of a man taking on the responsibility of doing that and having his own place. He's probably quite happy with his solitude so no one should worry....he's working on having a good career which is what he wants to focus on. There are some people who adjust just fine without having to having to be in a relaiotnship. I know someone who is almost 50, he is quite satisfied living the bachelor life.

Definitely he is not a gay. He is just too introverted and shy in his personality, so he dont make any initiate approach to girl and wait for girl to flirt him first. Dont always see him as a gay because it will completely destroy his self confidence and self recognition. Try to give him more motivation and bring him to your friend zone and let him face the crowd. First is to let him meet more person not to stay alone , Second is to introduce some outgoing girls from friend zone to him creating more opportunity for him. He is your brother, try to take off your regard to him as a gay or loser that negative stuff.

Maybe he just doesn't want to date someone he has no interest in and go through the motions, or like you said maybe he is gay, but would be sad if so and felt he cannot be himself because of judgment. Count yourself lucky to have a sibling who cares enough about you to help you and try to be understanding and supportive back.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

Bump...........
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

Not all persons are the same. Maybe talk to him,see what is keeping him back.

I would trust what he says. Even if he is, he's just taking his time in coming out. Maybe he doesn't have much of an interest in dating at the moment?