+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Internet Dating...

Internet Dating...

Is it possiable to have a good relationship from internet dating? And has anyone met anyone that way?

I know several of my friends swear by it. But then again none of them have had any sucsess. I think it is hard to sustaine a relashonship over the computer. Although, I have been tempted to give it a try from time to time. Don't you find it really hard to judge personalities over the computer?

that and people in general, how many of them tell the truth about who they are? What if they are some crazed staker?

I have met a person that I would love to meet in real life. I am just have issues with trust.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Hi Jane,

I have had success from it. Kind of. I met a girl early 2003. Got to know her and fell in love. We met about 6 times in 8 months, we fell in love. But after 8 and half months we split because the distance was too far, she lived in Newcastle (Northeast of england), I lived in, well Near Manchester (Northwest) so it was quite a journey to see each other. It fell apart because we were both getting frustrated, and im not even 16 yet. (next month) In my view, unless you are both really really REALLY strong people, it wont work. You'll wanna do other things etc..

I've met a girl who I wanted to meet before. She was in California and I'm in Arizona. I told her I was going to go down there once or twice but it never worked out. I still talk to her online now and then. At this point I've known her and have been talking to her here and there for about 4 years!

I've trawled the net for info about this sort of thing and found a couple of useful online dating articles which I added to my site.

This one looks at real life cases of online dating, both good and bad:

[URL=http://www.ineedsomespace.com/love/love_advice/online/love_online_03.html]Love on the Internet by Colleen Moulding[/URL]

I think that the important thing about successful online dating is that if you're serious about finding someone with whom you want to share a relationship, you should producing a well-considered personal ad; and only follow up on possible partners who have done the same. This should improve your chances of getting off to a good start.
    I Need Some Space!
    [URL=http://www.ineedsomespace.com/]Stress Reduction[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.drum-sets-for-sale.com/]Drum Sets[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.photoshop-tutorial.co.uk/]Photoshop Tutorials[/URL]
    -------------------------------------------

Is it possaible, if we are both willing, to keep a relationship like this alive even if we can't see each other for awhile?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

In my view Jane, it is. But its very hard. The downside for me was that I was only 15. I wanted to live life to the full, not be bogged down in a relationship on the internet 24\7. On those cold winter nights when you're at home watching TV and he's out with his mates, if you can trust him, and he trust's you, then yes, it could work. I hope it works for you

well, first of all, since i live in San Diego... there are no cold nights. Second... I have no reason not to trust him. He and I have been able to talk about everything and I never even considered that he would lie. He could and I would never know but I think if he cares, he will tell me the truth? is that niave of me? Maybe.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    He cares.

I know he does. I know he's honest with you too. You don't gain anything from lying.

You can keep it alive, without a problem, if you are willing to endure what comes with it. I've already made my decision.

How about you?

LINEBACKER 2

I suppose I have. IT's a new experience but one I wouldn't miss. I have to much already invested to say i wouldn't get to know him more. I have to now. I couldn't live with myself if I didn't.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Well, I'm sure he'd answer any questions for you and I'm sure he's got nothing to hide from you either.

Perhaps he's the one for you.

LINEBACKER 2

Thank you for your nonjudgemental advice LINEBACKER_2 !
    He may just be the one.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    I bet he is.

Let me know how it goes, okay?

LINEBACKER 2

I sure will. You'll be the first to know!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast