+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I wait for his love to grow?

vanillagilr---"Well...if people took some time to get to really know person ...they would have known some of the things....The first months of any relationship...most people are on their best behaviour."

Wise words indeed!!

Ok guys.. It's over.. and I'm awefully heartbroken

Thank you all guys, for your advises/opinions. They helped me to validate my own.

Yes, I knew it was better just to dump him.. it's just sooo hard to let go..so hard!

I had a conversation with him this morning. I could tell something was not right.. he was more detached than usual. He started the conversation about his feelings (to continue an unconclused talk from a week ago) and he just said it: "I really care about you, you are great and I don't think I'll ever meet someone like you, (..blah, blah..) but the fire is not there and I don't know what's gonna happen. I don't know what to do..."

It was clear that whatever the reasons were for him to stop liking me, this relationship was going no-where. So, I finished it. He even doubted at some point and asked me: "are we doing the right thing by breaking up?

It's the first time something like this happens to me (I know, welcome to the club). This feeling is aweful.

To answer the question:
    Are you in love with him, or just in love with the idea of being in love?
    A: It's difficult to tell. I think a combination of both.

Yes, then. Best to put him out of your misery.
    Speak less. Say more.

Midava....and bear in mind...this doesn't mean that you failed or that he failed or that either of you are anything bad...it just means that you aren't the right people for each other...and both of you being honest about it and realizing it early in the relationship will truly save you from greater heart ache later on...and free you up so that you are available to someone who is more in touch with you. Take your time...and in the meantime..rejoice in being you...(you'd be surprised how many men will be drawn to a woman who is happy with herself)...but be picky...don't be in love to be in love...be in love because he 'gets you'...(an' cuz he's hot!!!...lol...)

I do feel for you...letting go can be hard...even when you know it's for the best. But you seem to be able to be honest with yourself...and I'm sure you realize that you will rise above this and shine.
    If you don't talk to your cat about Catnip...who will?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12