+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice please..

advice please..

Last summer I met this girl at a friends birthday party..I instantly had my eyes on her. I knew she was interested in me too. I could never forget the way she looked at me. Too bad she had a boyfriend. Well I introduced myself and we got to 'know' each other. After the party I thought I wouldn't ever see her again. Then school started and then I saw her again. She was a sophmore and I was a senior in college. She thought I didn't remember her but I came up and said hi. We got to know each other a lot better. I also became friends with her boyfriend. I started liking her more and more..but I kept my distance. Me and her became close friends and I was happy. I didn't want anything to ruin this.. I don't know how but she started liking me too..and they were still together. I was surprised but happy. I wanted to be with her..but her bf was always around her. It would annoy me because everytime I see her, he is there. There's like a rope connecting them. Him and I are good friends..and I don't want anything to get in between us. She broke up with him soon..I didn't know what to do. He was really hurt. I didn't want to hurt him.. but I really wanted to be with her. They were still friends and he would still be around her all the time which annoyed the hell out of me. We would hold hands and kiss when no one is around..but I held back so much. This kept on for about a month. Then one day she seemed different. She didn't talk to me a lot anymore. She wrote me a letter. It said she realize she still wanted to be with him and that I'm not her type.. she wanted to just be friends. I kind of knew it would end up like this.. She had gotten tired of me.. I asked many of my friends for advice and they all said to stay away..but I didn't listen. I just ended up hurting myself through all of this. I haven't talked to her for a week now. I see her once in a while..but everytime my heart beats harder and faster and it gets hard to breath. I try not to run into her. I still love her very much..but I shouldn't interfere anymore. I still want to be friends with her like before but I can't even look at her in the eye anymore. I want to let her know I love her very much and want to be with her. I don't know if she is back with her boyfriend yet. Should I just forget it? It would create problems. What if she still feels the same way about me? I don't want to lose another special person in my life. God I hate this situation so much! I want to just forget about it completely but it's so hard. Help me please..I really need it.
    Last edited by burninforyou; 19-11-05 at 11:12 AM.

I think you just answered your own question. You're right and should just stay away. This situation is really messed up. Especially you said that you and his BF became good friends(I was in this kind situation once and it sucked. I played the role of the exsisting BF.). It's like playing frogger but one wrong move and you get hit.

Try not to run into her anymore(let me re-word that do not run into her anymore). It will hurt, but the pain will fade away with time. You'll find your own love out there somewhere. She's looking and waiting for you. I know mine is waiting for me...
    Last edited by pariank; 19-11-05 at 01:05 PM.

I don't know how you really feel, but if I were you I'd try to just be friends with her and be cool with her ex or current b/f. If you can't hold your feelings back and are having a hard time, then maybe you can talk to her about it and try to find a solution?

Quote Originally Posted by bball_1523
    I don't know how you really feel, but if I were you I'd try to just be friends with her and be cool with her ex or current b/f. If you can't hold your feelings back and are having a hard time, then maybe you can talk to her about it and try to find a solution?
    I still have strong feelings for her. The thing is I don't know how she feels. She might still feel the same. Maybe she just needs some time. There may still be hope..All I need to know is how she feels. If she doesn't have any feelings for me at all then I'm going to forget about her. I mentioned everytime she is near my heart beats harder and it gets hard to breath. I just need to find the courage to talk to her.

Quote Originally Posted by burninforyou
    I still have strong feelings for her. The thing is I don't know how she feels. She might still feel the same. Maybe she just needs some time. There may still be hope..All I need to know is how she feels. If she doesn't have any feelings for me at all then I'm going to forget about her. I mentioned everytime she is near my heart beats harder and it gets hard to breath. I just need to find the courage to talk to her.
    when you talk to her do you feel really comfortable? I think the best thing to do is to discuss all of this with her openly. Try to find a time where you two can talk and tell her that you are struggling with your feelings, and ask her how she feels. After that you will probably know what to do next. Goodluck

stay away. it will hurt like hell, but you must stay away.

and to be honest i find it strange that you complain about her bf being there all the time with her!!!

and btw mate , why would you want to be with someone who makes out with other guys behind her bf's back?

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Quote Originally Posted by mhussain
    stay away. it will hurt like hell, but you must stay away.

and to be honest i find it strange that you complain about her bf being there all the time with her!!!

and btw mate , why would you want to be with someone who makes out with other guys behind her bf's back?

Hussain
    I don't think she is like that..but I am one exception. She broke up with him soon after she met me anyways. Well I will follow everyones advice and stay away. Thank you all very much.