+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 20, and loveless.

20, and loveless.

I am 20 years old, and I have yet to date a girl, or even kiss a girl. Well, I've made out with a girl once, but we were drunk. It's not that I'm really shy, overall, I am not that shy at all. However when it comes to girls, it's another story. I just don't know what to say most of the time and just end up having really boring conversations with them. Also, it always seems that when I'm with a friend out in the town, When we go up to girls, they always seem more interested in my friends than me. I just feel that its not normal to be 20 and still never kissed a girl before. I know to try and be more confident and stuff, and I'm working on that, but still I tend to hear the "let's just be friends" speach so much I almost expect it now. What am I doing wrong?Anyone offer some help?

You need to work on your shyness first. When people are shy, they are spending all of their energy thinking about themselves and their own level of discomfort, which means you aren't focusing on the other person or their level of comfort.

Try making the other person's level of comfort more important than your own for a while: play the part of a congenial host who is catering to a special guest. You can practice this really anyone, male or female, friend or lover. It will leave you less time to think about your own nervousness. Practice this method frequently and it will become easier.

By the way, lots of people on this board didn't kiss anyone until they were around your age or even older. OV is like 1000 years old and still hasn't done it, but we still like him...

:-)

lol, i am 20 and i fallen in love only once and after she left, i am having a hard time being myself.

takes time. dont be hard on your self

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

Tried boys?
    Speak less. Say more.

lol, Hayward. Dont' worry about it dude. Take shh!'s advice and work on a few things. The less you care about trying to stand out or get someone to like you, the better things will go. Learn to relax and go with the flow.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

life refuses to be choreographed

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past