+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Maybe I'm just having a bad day...

Maybe I'm just having a bad day...

Well, I know I'm having a bad day. Now I need a bit of advice.

I met this girl about a month ago at a FBLA meeting for all the FBLA clubs in the state. I saw her on the first day of the trip and we talked for about 10 minutes. We didn't exchange numbers or anything. But at the end of the trip, I ran into this girl again, and she seemed to show alot of interest in me (flirting, etc). And we exchanged numbers at that point. Also found out she lives about 20 minutes away from me. She's been calling me like every other day. It really makes me wonder though because she really has only seen me for a total of 20 minutes now she's all over me, guess it was love at first sight

I don't answer the phone all the time when she calls, and I don't always return her calls. It's a bad habit I formed, after reading some tips online about showing girls they don't have you wrapped around their finger. And I think she's getting annoyed because I don't make much of an effort.

Well tonight we were suppose to meet up again for the first time at the movies. But earlier today I found out my mom had already planned for me to go to a NBDL basketball game. So I had to call off the date. She said she was disappointed but not mad. But then later, around 8pm, I found out I can't go for a couple of reasons. And it's too late to call the girl back to put the date back on. Well she calls me up. She asks me where I am at. I am afraid to say I'm at home because then she'd think I called it off for nothin. Well, so I say that I'm leaving in 10 minutes. But I think she could tell I was lying. After that she was like "OK well bye" and hung up. I got the impression that she was mad.

Now I'm at home wondering what I'm going to say to her tommorow. Wondering if she still likes me at all. What do you guys think? If she actually does talk to me tommorow, I'm going to change my whole approach.

Your first mistake was playing hard-to-get games. Your second mistake was not answering her calls. Your third mistake was NOT calling her the moment your plans changed.

She may not give you a chance to make a fourth mistake. I probably wouldn't.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 20-11-05 at 08:35 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

DUH, you should change your approach. This is totally you're fault. If she called you every other day, thats not really that bad. And if you're interested, why would you care how much she calls you? AND you should have been honest about the basketball game, and just called her when you found out that you weren't going to go. Even if you couldn't still go out, you would've been honest. If she does talk to you again, and is still interested, stop being a child and talk to her when you should... when you get the chance, and be HONEST.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Whaa, Debunkt? We in radar contact er what?
    Speak less. Say more.

Now that I look at it, it really does look stupid. I just read somewhere that not answering, rescheduling plans, etc. would make a girl want you more.

What the f*ck am I thinking. Iunno... I feel really dumb writing this sh!t

No call for feeling dumb. Dumb would be to NOT look into all of it by, among other things, writing it out so you can SEE what you're thinking.
    Last edited by whaywardj; 20-11-05 at 08:48 AM.
    Speak less. Say more.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    NO NO NO.... That stuff never works. people always think you act like your totally not intersted to come off with the challange approach and that's totally wrong. What you did gave her the impression that you didn't like her at all. When it comes down to trying to make someone think your a challenge it's a game, but you can't do that when you first meet someone. You have to show interest to keep interest.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Like begets like.
    Speak less. Say more.

What's FBLA? What's NBDL?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Whayward said it right. Stop playing games. This is 100% your fault. I wouldnt blame her for ditching you.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

FBLA - Future Business Leaders of America (high school club)
    NBDL - National Basketball Development League

I'm guessing she brushed it off. She still calls me as soon as she gets the chance (even before school's out). *shrugs* . OK no more games -.- OOPS

Tone Guest
    You live and learn boss playa