+ Follow This Topic

Thread: To attend or not to attend

To attend or not to attend

Ok, here's the scenario:

My cousin's getting married on Sunday. Naturally, my family was sent an invitation. However, my boyfriend's ex is one of my cousin's bridesmaids because they've been bestfriends for years. The bad thing is, just a week ago, this ex has been spreading rumors about us like the guy (my bf) is still showing her concern, they didn't have a formal break up when I came to the picture etc. For one, I know these are lies. However, my cousin is quite agitated coz she thinks my bf is playing with her bestfriend and now her cousin. My boyfriend has confronted his ex so now, the issue has subsided pretty much. My other cousin (the bride's sister) keeps inviting us to attend the wedding. However, we have not been personally invited by the bride herself. My bf is hesitating because of what had happened. He thinks probably my cousin's mad at him or something. As for me, I only want to attend because I want tthat girl to see us (hand in hand) for once.
    Question: Should I/we attend? Any suggestions? What would you do if you were in this situation?
    Jay-tea :0)

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    haha..let's take this appraoch.. **** everything. i'd say not to worry and attend the wedding. why should you let yourself suffer because the ex can't handle a break up or is jealous with what you have? she can't let go of the past, then it is her loss. she is the one missing out on life and why should you let yourself suffer the same fate. your cousin will be celebrating one of the happiest days of his life and you shouldn't miss out. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Thanks Raverboy. That really builds up confidence Guess I needed that.
    I think you're right too. My sister (whose also one of the bridesmaids) told me that girl (the ex) has grown so fat already. Looks like she's not so happy with her life and perhaps, that's why she wants others to be just as miserable.
    I don't know. But should some people be like that?

Another thing, my boyfriend still hasn't said anything about going with me. The last time I mentioned it, he so uncomfortable with the idea because of all the bad talks.

What do you think?
    Jay-tea :0)