+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Gaining Back/Taking control of Relationship

Gaining Back/Taking control of Relationship

Hi everyone this is my first post here and im glad to join. If anyone could help me out that would be great!

Heres my situation:

I've been dating this girl from my work for about three weeks now. It first started out being an equal relationship. I would suprise her with things, and she would suprise me with things. She would always call me which is one thing I like. Recently she has been wanting me to call her and when I tell her to call me, she forgets sometimes. We havent "suprised" each other a lot recently. From my thoughts, I am being a little bit of a pushover and a little bit "needy" because of this situation. I am becoming needy because im starting to like her a lot more and want to see her more. Now her schedule is busy, yet so is mine. Although, it seems like she doesn't have time for me as much as I would for her. For example, If I got off work, I would have time to hang out with her before I go home. When she gets off work, she just wants to go home. In these situations im always the one asking to hang out or do suggest something that we can do. She has never asked if I want to hang out. Now, I want to put my foot down and tell her that I feel the relationship is not equal, but I am afraid she will deny that she is being controlling and get mad, yet making me more needy and irritated. I guess my question is how can I get out of the needy part of it and make the relationship equal again without making her mad?

Tone Guest
    You're talkin to the wrong people.

You need to be talking to HER about this and not us internet folk.

indigosoul Guest
    Maybe he needs ideas on HOW.

::gives thread a sympathy bump::

Tone Guest
    With your MOUTH?? And those little things in your mind that hurt when you think of them called YOUR FEELINGS - SHARE THEM WITH HER