Quote Originally Posted by fest
Well,

my problem is with guys mostly is I get a feeling that they do not know what they want.

They will flirt with me, saying that they want to see more of me, want to date me, or attempt to tickle me sometimes. Then when I gradually warm up to them, they seem to stall. They brake suddenly and appear cold, as though they are no longer interested in me. They do not attempt to initiate conversation anymore, even though before they were always the ones who initiated MSN or phone messages. When I initiate conversation, they don't even try to keep the conversation going.

When I get discouraged over how the whole thing is going and I decide to stop trying, they come back again. I've even have a guy who told me that he would want to see more of me and asked me what kind of guy do I go for. And I asked him what's with today that he is trying so hard to ask me out. He said, that he is going to do so from now on. But then he had been playing me out for a couple of times, claiming that he was busy or he had forgotten.

The signals are super mixed-up and it is 2 guys now that are giving me a headache. I also had a guy before who didn't know what he wanted and he drove me crazy until I told him to just forget the whole business and remain as friends. He then continued to try to ask me out even though he was already attached, claiming that it was all in the name of friendship. I am beginning to wonder if there is a problem with me that I attract guys who don't know what they want. I have absolutely no idea what I should do when it comes to them. It seems like they are only interested in a relationship with me when I give up all hope in them. What should I do?
Sounds to me like you're hanging out with the wrong guys. Some guys are just plain straight up flirts and get off on flirting with women with no intention of following it up with anything. Others (obviously) are just looking for tail. A guy that really wants you (and is going to be good *to* you) is not going to string you along the way these guys are. The other reason you might be getting these mixed signals is because these guys are probably hitting on more than just one girl. If they see you are losing interest, they're going to give you more priority. On the other hand if you're being compliant they know they can step up their game with someone else. This of course goes on until they figure out who they want to date more.