+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm a Jerk, but I can't help. What should I do?

I'm a Jerk, but I can't help. What should I do?

this happened not long ago, maybe hours before i wrote this. i don't know what i'm feeling right now, and what i should feel right now..

i had a girlfriend, we were together for almost a year. but somehow, i can't tolerate her for dwelling too much into her past. we broke up. she was terribly upset, and she tried real hard but in vain to get back together with me. but all these while, i never wanted to call her or leave her a message. i was harsh on her when i felt her pestering irritating. i know i'm heartless, but i know too that if we got back together, the ending will still be the same.

but this time she came to me, and told me that she still couldn't forget me. my heart soften each time she teared, but still i kept to my stand and shoved her away. for a few moments i wanted to tell her that i couldn't forget her too, but she told me she's got a boyfriend now. she just couldn't get me outta her mind. she was in a dilema, and so am i.

now, i convinced her that she can lead a better life with her new boyfriend, but somehow i'm feeling a little weird. i can't get to slp, i can't find any meaning in doing anything. but these are no longer important anymore... any meds for heartaches?

Well... I've never dumped anyone so I don't really know your situation.
    Your probably feeling guilty over making someone feel bad. Don't worry about that. If things work out with her boyfriend, then good for her, you can both move on, if they don't, well, it's your choice if you want to go back together or not. In the meanwhile, you can wait it out and be single, or get another partner.

Oh, if you do get back together, think of the moment, not the ending... if you gaze at the cliff you'll fall, but if stare at the sky you'll never see the cliff...

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

they'll definitely work out well, that boyfriend of his is a great guy. he knew what happened between the girl and me, and he volunteered to leave the her when he heard about our meeting just now. i can't bring myself to hurt him, and leave the girl crying for him. i don't want to build a relationship with their misery, so i chose to bring them together. but now, my heart aches a little everytime my mind flashes through was happened just now...

Haha, see? Your not a jerk.
    Don't worry about it, time will heal that ache in your chest. It always does...

"Only the Dead have seen the end of War."
    - Plato

yeah... just hope time will pass real fast, till the day i die... lol. well anyway, thanks a lot lending a listening ear, and hope this thread here will urge the regular dumpers here to consider well before dumping... good night all...

Quote Originally Posted by MuTe
    but this time she came to me, and told me that she still couldn't forget me. my heart soften each time she teared, but still i kept to my stand and shoved her away. for a few moments i wanted to tell her that i couldn't forget her too, but she told me she's got a boyfriend now. she just couldn't get me outta her mind. she was in a dilema, and so am i.
    did you cry?

well of course... who wouldn't? but thank god i didn't tear in front of her...

then you shouldn't feel like a jerk, most believe that "men dont cry"
    but jesus did, for those who he loved and i think you ain't a man if you can't cry.
    i think you did well for both of you, i mean its better to be hurt once then over and over.

Tone! Bad day?

Bah! You deleted!

You did the right thing IMO. If you're not ready to be in a relationship and cannot treat her the way she deserves, it's better to end things.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings