+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obsession over a girl? Help me guys!

Quentin Guest

Obsession over a girl? Help me guys!

Hey guys. My name is Quentin and this is my first post in the forum. I've joined this forum in desperate attempt for some advice regarding my current love interest. I hope to contribute and help others in this forum in the future, when and if I can but would really appreciate any feedback and advice from you guys right now.

I like this girl, Shanice who's 1 year my senior. We've been "friends" for about 4 months now.

Although we both never declared our love for each other and never mentioned terms like boyfriend or girlfriend, we both are quite comfortable with holding hands and french kissing passionately and have done so on many occasions.

We go out at least once a week and talk over the phone at least 3 times a week. Problem is, I miss her like crazy on the days she isn't free to talk on the phone and when we don't go out. Sometimes I miss her to such a great extent I feel as if she's dead and I'll never get a chance to see or talk to her again.

But the next time when we go out or when we chat on the phone, I don't feel so bad anymore. I feel this emotional instability around her is bad. One moment I'm sad either because I'm not with her or talking with her and the other whenever she calls or when we're out, I'm almost on a narcotic high. Am I some kind of girlfriend junkie?

In fact, I'm always happy whenever I'm with her. There's never been a single argument between the both of us. I take that as a good sign.

I would really like to tell her how I feel about her; that I love her. But when and how should I tell her? And am I obsessed about her?

I'm really lost guys. Please help!

How old are you?

Yep yer obsessed. Most people would say that's not good for a healthy relationship. But as long as she feels as strongly about you why rock the boat?

I think we need a tell us how old you are 1st sticky!

What are you afraid of when you're not with her in some way?
    Speak less. Say more.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Have you dated before?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Never fighting is not a good thing.

You can't possibly "In love"with her, you've never dated her etc. You're just iinfatuated with her now. Ease up, talk about how you feel with her and ask her out.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Quentin Guest
    I'm 15 years old and I've not really dated prior to this. When I'm not with her, I'm know she's ok and I'm not really afraid of anything. Its just that I can't get enough of her company.

I start missing her like crazy every 2 days. Sometimes I even cry. It must seem somewhat extreme and stupid even to me because I see her at least once a week and she calls me at least 3 times a week.

Can someone please tell what to do? I feel I need something or someone to give me strength to overcome emotional moments when I start to miss her.

You should get a meaningful hobby and learn some meditation techniques. In the meantime I suggest you not let on to this girl that you feel this way. It will probably freak her out, unless she is mentally unstable. No one should be so invested in another person to the degree that they cry after two days apart.

Buy Journey's Greatest Hits CD. Listen to the lyrics of every song..

Quentin Guest
    Ok guys, can anyone here please how to tell a girl that you love her? We've known each other for almost 4 months now.

I'm been thinking of doing something romantic like tell her on a mountain top or near a sunset but I need to know when is the right time. Any help or advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

My girl doesn't go out a lot. She's controlled very much by her guardian and can only really go out(for a whole day) once a month.

Its a very special day for her as thats the only time she's really free to do stuff she likes... do you think its right for me to declare my love for her on such a day or its irreponsible to put so much emotional weight on her on such a day? I mean, what if she doesnt feel the same way? Would it ruin the mood between us? Will we still be friends?

I'll be going on a 10 day vacation with my family on the 30th this month... do you reckon I should tell her before I leave? I mean if I'm rejected my holiday would be ruined and if I wait till after, I'm not sure I can bear to wait...

Help me guys, I think I'm truly lovesick

So, are you not dating this girl? If you two aren't dating, then I would hold off on telling her you love her.

Ok, I read back through this. I seriously don't think you are in love with her. I would not tell her you "love" her. Why don't you try asking her out on a date first?
    Last edited by Junsui; 23-11-05 at 09:13 PM.

Quentin Guest
    Hmmm... I think that's my problem. Nothing in this relationship is actually official. We just go out and have a good time. However, things and signs such as her letting me hold her hand, hug her and french kiss her had lead me to believe that we're already dating.

You mean its not a date until you both acknowledge as one?

I think so. I would ask her about it.

How come you see this as a problem Quinton or what ever you name is?

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd95
    You can't possibly "In love"with her, you've never dated her etc. You're just iinfatuated with her now. Ease up, talk about how you feel with her and ask her out.
    Teach me how to be stupid please. You are very good at it.
    Love = infatuation...Love > infatuation..or..Love < infatuation...the world may never know. The only wrong is to declare one as a fact.
    Last edited by Only-virgins; 25-11-05 at 01:35 PM.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast