+ Follow This Topic

Thread: confused

confused

Okay, first a bit of backstory:

I'm at Uni at the minute and work part-time, as does the girl this concerns - Sam. Now me and Sam get on really well and we have a laugh together at work, quite a few of the people I work with have told me how obvious it is that we fancy each other.

So a few days ago me and some of my friends from work - including Sam - went on a night out and we're having a great time, and although Sam's kind of giving mixed signals I get the impression she's interested in me. At the end of the night we've mostly gone our seperate ways, and I've done the decent thing and walked Sam back home to her halls. Despite it being freezing we've chatted outside her halls for about 10-15 minutes, and eventually ended up kissing.

The following day we've sent each other a few texts, just to say that we both enjoyed last night etc. The day after we're both in work, and we didn't really get a chance to chat (it was quite busy) although we've briefly chatted when we got a moment. Sam finished her shift before me and kind of rushed out, quickly saying bye. After, I was on my break and she'd texted me to say she's just got on the train back home (although I already knew she was going home that weekend), which probably explains why Sam rushed out of work. Sam then sent me a few more texts later and asked me text her back if i wanted.

The day after that I've asked Sam if she fancied a trip to the cinema, and although she couldn't due to lectures there was another film she wanted to see, and said if I wanted to do something just ask and she'd say yeah. Then she texted me to tell me she got back from home and later asked if I wanted to join Sam and her flatmates on a pub quiz on (this) monday, and to bring any friends along.

Anyway, now I'm confused as to where we stand:

Although we kisssed (which I generally take as a sign of interest), was it perhaps due to drink (on sam's part). When we were both at work, she was nice and friendly with me, but that's how she usually acts and I wasn't expecting her to behave the same towards me as before. I took the fact that Sam was wanting to do something as a good sign, as I did the pub quiz invitation. However is she just inviting me along as she would any of her friends?

I only got her number the other night (off one of the girls we work with) so I can't even judge whether she's texted me more than normal.

So now I'm not exactly sure where we stand, are we still only friends, or is it something more now. Am I right to be a bit concerned, or am I just making something out of nothing, perhaps just expecting something to go wrong so making a problem that doesn't exist.

With previous girlfriends it was clearer where I stood, but then again my last g/f was just before I left for Uni last year (therefore I've been single for just over a year).

Any time taken to help would be massively appreciated.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    To be honest, stop over analyzing this. I'm sure she wants to get to know you better and may not totally feel comfortable yet since you guys have been asking each other if it's ok to call or to go somewhere or whatever. So just go with the flow.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!