+ Follow This Topic
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Insecurity After Breakup

wow woman. you sure have come a long way.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    When I broke up with my last bf, there was no question in my mind whether or not I'd made the right decision. I was also bursting with confidence afterwards.

Is this a sign I maybe have made a wrong choice? Anyone else gone through this?
    Well, to be fair.. it might not be the case that you've made the wrong choice... but simply a matter of time..

What I mean by that is.. the main difference between your last bf, and your most recent bf.. is (time).. the fact that you were much older now than you were then..

Think about it.. back then.. you were not worried when you broke things off.. you were young.. and chances were pretty high that you would find an other guy.. But times have changed.. now you're older.. and chances that you find an other guy are MUCH lower.. which is why you're feeling this way.. Here's an article if this doesn't make much sense.. [url]http://nymag.com/daily/intel/2007/10/in_economic_terms_you_are_a_de.html[/url]

Now, don't take this the wrong way.. i'm not calling you a depreciating asset.. I'm just trying to show you the REASON you're feeling this way.. not because you nessecarily made the wrong choice.. but because your mind is thinging of the (female depreciating asset dilema)...

I mean, i'm sure you had a valid reason to break things off.. women are the last people to break things off for no reason..
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Buddy, I've seen her picture. She's not going to have any trouble finding another guy. Weeding out the good ones from the shallow ones, that's another story.

I'm glad you found someone worthwhile, Blue.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Buddy, I've seen her picture. She's not going to have any trouble finding another guy. Weeding out the good ones from the shallow ones, that's another story.
    Is this in response to my post? Because if it is:

A) I'm not your buddy

B) She was talking in generalities, where "you" represented people in general. When I said "you" it was in the same context, not talking about bluesummer in specific. Obviously she won't have any trouble finding another guy

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm pretty sure he was talking to GrkScorp, DM.

Grkscorp - both the people in that link were spectacularly disgusting, shallow people. I don't think most of the world comes close to that level of superficiality. Bluesummer certainly doesn't approach being such a loser.

Also, anyone who thinks a woman past 25 is depreciating must have peaked out in their emotional growth at the age of 18. No, wait... 16.
    Last edited by vashti; 29-10-07 at 08:50 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Also, anyone who thinks a woman past 25 is depreciating must have peaked out in their emotional growth at the age of 18. No, wait... 16.
    Hell yeah, I've seen some damn fine women who must have been their thirties or late twenties. Mmmm Mmmmm. Besides, lots of girls my age (just like lots of everyone my age) are immature to the point of being annoying

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Awh. You're not my buddy? What a shame. I'm being so sincere right now.

No DM, it was not in response to your post.
    Last edited by Gribble; 29-10-07 at 04:56 AM.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    Awh. You're not my buddy? What a shame. I'm being so sincere right now.

No DM, it was not in response to your post.
    Just kidding. We're buddies Gribble

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    Think about it.. back then.. you were not worried when you broke things off.. you were young.. and chances were pretty high that you would find an other guy.. But times have changed.. now you're older.. and chances that you find an other guy are MUCH lower..

I find this funny actually, because I find that my value as a person on the whole APPRECIATES the older I get. I learn more, laugh more, and am more comfortable with myself. That makes it EASIER to find a man, and a better quality one at that.

I think so many more marriages would last if people would wait until they were older; really achieved some important things in their lives, experienced life, dated a bunch of people.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by GrkScorp View Post
    en..

Think about it.. back then.. you were not worried when you broke things off.. you were young.. and chances were pretty high that you would find an other guy.. But times have changed.. now you're older.. and chances that you find an other guy are MUCH lower..
    Baaahahahaha! I'm almost 40 and I am supremely confident that not only would I have NO trouble whatsoever getting another guy if I was single, I would be able to find a BETTER guy than I could have found in my 20's.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234