+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: avatar help

i'm trying to create my own avatar from ms paint, but when i hit 'save changes', i get the message:

The uploaded file is not a valid GIF, JPG, or PNG file. Please ensure that it is and try again.

what do i do?

Tone Guest
    Wait a sec, RK.

Did you check the frequency rates on the discumbobulator ISP service? I bet that's your problem right there you silly goose.

Either that or it's your backbone T-42 line.

Quote Originally Posted by RSK
    i'm trying to create my own avatar from ms paint, but when i hit 'save changes', i get the message:

The uploaded file is not a valid GIF, JPG, or PNG file. Please ensure that it is and try again.

what do i do?
    use a different program to save the file into a gif or jpg format and try again.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

indigosoul Guest
    Yup. Microsoft programs suck, sorry. Try something by Adobe. Also, make sure you follow the guidelines regarding image/file size.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    When you go to save it... change the file it saves under to one of those above you mentioned.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Wait a sec, RK.

Did you check the frequency rates on the discumbobulator ISP service? I bet that's your problem right there you silly goose.

Either that or it's your backbone T-42 line.
    i think the bit rate on the ISP service is a bit slow. And the backbone T - 42 line is a little dislodged. I was thinking it could be a turpoculator problem (something internal). Oh well, i'll try again.

(ok, i am not as good at computers, as much as i'd like to think i am)

i opened ms paint (because it's the easist), and then saved my work as avatar1. then what do i do? i saved it under the 'my pictures' file, which was allready on the computer.

Tone Guest
    Yeah man good thinkin I didn't think of the turpoculator system malfunctioning. Damn you always better at me when it came to turpoculating ;P

lol..good stuff guys...RK, if the image is under a different format you're going to have to use a program other than Ms Paint to change it's extention first.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Yeah man good thinkin I didn't think of the turpoculator system malfunctioning. Damn you always better at me when it came to turpoculating ;P
    well, i have been turpoculating for years now. it's an art. but your the master whn it comes to discombobulating!

Quote Originally Posted by Asip4u
    lol..good stuff guys...RK, if the image is under a different format you're going to have to use a program other than Ms Paint to change it's extention first.
    thx Asip4me, i'll check it out!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sometimes, I dont' know how well this works. But sometimes if you right click ont he file itself i whatever folder it's in you can go to properties.. and then change the program that it opens with.. and then change the type of file it is... did that make snes?? I can't tell. LOL

Tone Guest
    LOLOLOLOL You can totally tell RoseB doesn't know what she's talkin about...

Uh, excuse me, ROSEB - this thread is for people who KNOW what they're talkin about... am I right, RK????? Hey RK - kinda how I "discumbobulated" that brunette FRIDAY LOLOLOLOLOLLLLOLOL!!

Anyways good luck, I wanna make my avatar like yours please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    Sometimes, I dont' know how well this works. But sometimes if you right click ont he file itself i whatever folder it's in you can go to properties.. and then change the program that it opens with.. and then change the type of file it is... did that make snes?? I can't tell. LOL
    sometimes that works, yes

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tone, your on a mission today aren't you?

Edit: Haha Asip knows what's up!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast