+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Jealousy

Jealousy

One for the girls here, I guess.

What do you think of jealous guys? I don't mean when they're slightly jealous - I mean when they're seething with it!

If your partner shouted and cursed at your (male) friends because you like to spend time with them, how would you feel? Would you still date him after something like that? Would you feel he doesn't trust you, or is too possesive?

Thanks

I would run for my life. That is soooo unhealthy, and a guy like that will make you life hell. You better hope she isn't as smart as me.
    :-)

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I would run for my life. That is soooo unhealthy, and a guy like that will make you life hell. You better hope she isn't as smart as me.
    :-)
    lol, I'm not the jealous one - but the person I want to be with has a *Really* jealous boyfriend. She refuses to talk about his jealousy to me - so I thought I'd ask someone else. Thanks

Bide your time. The deep insecurity his extreme jealousy reflects will very soon drive her away from him. Unless she's a glutton for punishment. Or an idiot.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by whaywardj
    Bide your time. The deep insecurity his extreme jealousy reflects will very soon drive her away from him. Unless she's a glutton for punishment. Or an idiot.
    This comment makes me feel better. She's already started to peel away from him. I'm not trying to be an evil sod or anything - but how can I provoke the situation a little?

Don't. Just position yourself to be available when she's ready.
    Speak less. Say more.

It depends on what the story is...

It sounds like you have been digging on this girl for sometime and her partner is maybe aware of that and naturally (if he is) he is not very happy about that (I wouldn't call that a jelousy issue, but a genuine reason to worry).

If you want this girl to the point where you'd love to see her current relationship deteriorate so she can jump into your arms then follow Hayward's advice. Just watch out, promiscious girls who like to change hands will not hesitate to give you the slide when the opportunity for someone better than you presents itself...
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Yep. What Mishnaya says IS the other side of the coin and part of why I suggested you don't do anything to persuade things one way or another. And, furthermore, to stand back a little when and if she does fall into your arms. If you're really into her, you wanna watch her awhile on her own before investing too much into her emotionally. If it turns out she just falls whichever way is most comfortable at any given time, you probably don't want to hope for very much from her by way of any real involvement.
    Speak less. Say more.

Quote Originally Posted by shh!
    I would run for my life. That is soooo unhealthy, and a guy like that will make you life hell.
    lol Yeah, I would run the other way as well.

Like Mishanya and Hayward already pointed out, be careful getting into a relationship with her if she just jumps from him to you.

Tone Guest
    Be patient, chances are if he's as jealous as you describe the relationship will be over soon enough. In the meantime you have to show her you're everything he is not, without crossing the line. Stay patient.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfyUK
    I mean when they're seething with it!
    Jealous guys love their girlfriends more. No really. The more jealous with uncontrollable rage they are, the more they love them.

There is a direct correlation; she should be flattered.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]