+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: He Gave My Flowers Away!

He Gave My Flowers Away!

Our second date he cooked me dinner and bought me a dozen peach colored roses. He had them in a vase on the table we had dinner at. That night I didnt take them home because I left in a rush, but he said he would bring them to me. The next time we saw each other was when I came over for Thanksgiving. I had prior plans but I came over to hang out with him and his family.

I met his parents after 15 days of dating him. I met his bestfriend..in which case she gave me that I dont like you look from the beginning without getting to know me.

I left that night and didnt get my flowers because it was late and I was sleepy. I just forgot about them. He came over that following Saturday to help me move my stuff into my new house. I asked him where are my flowers and he said he gave them away to his bestfriend..... WISKEY TANGO FOXTROT

We went to dinner with two of my girlfriends and their boyfriends that evening and I kept bringing it up. I had wanted them for sentimental value but it wasnt even the reason why I was mad. I was mad because those flowers had belonged to me. He gave them to me and then gave them to some other girl!

ok I am finish ranting..

Are you the one with the boyfriend that's Whayward's age? I forget.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

no im single..the guy im dating is 23 like me

I doubt it's anything with his bestfriend. Is there any history with her?

He brought you home to meet his parents; as far as the flower thing, sometimes men don't think how important that way.

Me personally, I would probably end up doing the same thing, not thinking that they might hold "sentimental" value.

From what he says they have been friends for 7 years since high school. I doubt there is any chemistry there but she could be "hating" on the relationship.

I think it's a stupid move on his part; something I'd never consider.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

I'm sure he just wasn't thinking about it.

woops, i was never great with that kind of thing, but giving them away, wtf? lol...
    wouldn't worry about it, he will probably get you some more, hehe

Ok so I re-read this /c I don't see giving them away as such a big deal; like I said, I probably would have done the same by accident, and probably would have given them to my mom (at the Thanksgiving dinner).

But this was only your 3rd date; I still don't see what you're reading into so much.

I'm sure he just didn't think about it. Men are pretty clueless sometimes. If you start with that assumption, there is a lot less chance that you'll be disappointed!!!

And who wants dead dried out flowers hanging around anyhow?

AND, besides, you left the roses there at his house, not ONCE, but TWICE. It wouldn't appear to me that you were all that concerned after all.

I'd get over it quick if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by clynn
    I'm sure he just didn't think about it. Men are pretty clueless sometimes. If you start with that assumption, there is a lot less chance that you'll be disappointed!!!

And who wants dead dried out flowers hanging around anyhow?

AND, besides, you left the roses there at his house, not ONCE, but TWICE. It wouldn't appear to me that you were all that concerned after all.

I'd get over it quick if I were you.
    I agree with this post.

Well, since you said you FORGOT the flowers, then I could say that that sentimental value is just made up.
    What I read fro your post, is that you actually just want to show to others that you have too a boyfriend. Now, there is something wrong, with both sides, not just him.

Regards
    Dr. boobaa
    Don't expect anything.

Hey boobaa! don't just throw that "Dr." title around haphazardly; some people work very hard to obtain that title.

I did forget the roses twice but in my defense I left them cause I was in a rush to leave with boxes of stuff already. The first time it was a difficult situation where as they were having family issues and I was practically pushed out the door.

True enough these are just excuses and I ment to take them with me.

So shall I call him an Indian Giver now? Those flowers were mines whether I left them at his house or in the trash. They were given to me.. am I right or wrong?

Is it ok if I buy him something and take it back and give it to my guy-friend?

I cant say I have gotten over it but I have pushed it back to the back of my mind. He will and forever be know as "The guy that gave away my flowers"
    Last edited by Cutiepiie; 29-11-05 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa
    What I read fro your post, is that you actually just want to show to others that you have too a boyfriend.

Regards
    Dr. boobaa
    Now this I am just confused about....

Because I dont have a boyfriend...nor was I expecting to have or want one in the futur.. I think your confusing me with someone else

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast