+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Could she be pregnant?? Please help

Could she be pregnant?? Please help

So heres the deal...my girlfriend and I are in college. She has been on the pill for a long time but she ran out of them. She was off the pill for about a month and she came to visit me and we fooled around and ended up having sex. We were both drunk so we were not thinking very clearly and we started out without a condom until I started feeling like I could come soon. We finished and it was fine. Recently we started worrying that maybe she could be pregnant because of the pre-cum. Does anyone have any counsel, advice, or facts they can give me. I know that pre-cum does contain sperm but I want to know hard facts about the chances. She got on the pill 3 days before we had sex that night if that means anything aswell. I know that it takes a week or a month or something to start working, but I just need some reassurance for myself and my girlfriend. thanks alot

I'm sure she's fine since she had already started the pill and was on them for a long time previously. If you are that worried about it, just have her take a pregnancy test. I doubt she's pregnant though.

i noticed , howcome when someones asks a question , most ppl never respond to the real question .

he clearly asked hard FACTS on the chances of getting preg on pre-cum

he probably wants to know % . or a number to know if its THAT bad or if they are off the hook with the old pills .

i would also like to know the % or chances of getting pregnant by pre-cum.

all they ever say is : yes , its possible

ok but exactly how possible ... 1 in a 1000 chances ?!?!

Yes, but I don't know the actual facts off the top of my head and he can search the internet just as easily as I can. Plus, I don't have time tonight to go searching around looking for that. Maybe when I'm bored at work tomorrow. I just wanted to put something up here to reassure him that he will be ok. It takes a month sometimes up to three months for the effects of the pill to wear off.

Ok, this is what I could find on percentages: "The withdrawal method probability of pregnancy is about 19% compared to the birth control pill method which has a probability of pregnancy at 5%."

Again, I'm sure she's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sicklax420
    So heres the deal...my girlfriend and I are in college. She has been on the pill for a long time but she ran out of them. She was off the pill for about a month and she came to visit me and we fooled around and ended up having sex. We were both drunk so we were not thinking very clearly and we started out without a condom until I started feeling like I could come soon. We finished and it was fine. Recently we started worrying that maybe she could be pregnant because of the pre-cum. Does anyone have any counsel, advice, or facts they can give me. I know that pre-cum does contain sperm but I want to know hard facts about the chances. She got on the pill 3 days before we had sex that night if that means anything aswell. I know that it takes a week or a month or something to start working, but I just need some reassurance for myself and my girlfriend. thanks alot
    Your chances are small but hter is no percent anyone can give you really. It all depends upon you as an individual. Sometimes there is no sperm in the pre-cum and sometimes there is a lot. It's not something that can be put into a statistic. Judging by the circumstance, I am going to give you my opinion and since I am not a doctor, do not take this as scientific fact. Her chances of being pregnant are around 8% (considering all of the circumstances). Since you engaged in sexual intercourse without a condom for a period of time and she was not on the pill at the time, she could have easily gotten pregnant. Three days of being back on the pill will not do much to her system as far as preventing pregnancy. In fact, if she IS pregnant, she could be doing significant damage to the child by still taking the pill. She needs to see a gyno and soon. This should not be left of up waiting. The pill could give her inaccurate results on a home pregnancy test and in the mean time, she could be hurting herself. Just tell her to get to her gyno and explain the situation. It's nothing they haven't heard before. It takes and entire month to two months for the birth control pill to be accurate at preventing pregnancy. The fact that she was on it for a while previous will not make much difference. She was off of it for about a month you said so it was out of her system from that time period. She was not protected at the time you two had sex. Like I said, I urge you to get her to a doctor. Hope this helps

Man I hope I get pregnant this way !!

i think there's a very low chance of her getting pregnant because she took the pill 3 days before u 2 had sex i mean 3 days is fully enough for the pill to be working... if u'r still uncomfortable then i suggest a pregnancy test.. it's the best thing to do... if u guys don't wanna see the doctor then buy a self test pregnancy test at any drug store.. and their 99% accurate.. trust me i've gone through wat u have.. i'm taking the pill myself right now too... the self test is only around 15 bucks.. if u'r worry about money then go to a walk in clinic it's totally free there and u can ask them for professional help or if u have any questions.. but from now on tell u'r gf don't skip the pill anymore cause then she's still not fully protected from pregnancy... do the pregnancy test so u guys can get that stone off your chest and stop worrying about it

phew

We can close this thread. I just got a call with good news saying that she got her period finally. Thanks for the help everyone.

well congrats, just keep this in mind next time your fooling around

Quote Originally Posted by gingerbabe86
    i think there's a very low chance of her getting pregnant because she took the pill 3 days before u 2 had sex i mean 3 days is fully enough for the pill to be working...
    Where did you get your facts? Hope you don't rely on this at any time because it is fairly inaccurate. I am on the birth control pill myself and when I asked my gyno about it, she told me to give it a good month before I could rely on it to protect me against pregnancy. I wouldn't trust three days to get it completely in your system. You need to go through one pack before you are safe under the stats of the pill. (99% i think)

Quote Originally Posted by sicklax420
    We can close this thread. I just got a call with good news saying that she got her period finally. Thanks for the help everyone.
    Congrats... Be more careful next time. Tell her to continue to keep an eye on her period the next couple of months. I've heard of girls still getting it when they are pregnant for that first month. If she suddenly stops say next month, there is a chance she could be pregnant. The chances of this happening are VERY slim though but I just wanted you to be aware.

ok i know there are creams/lube that can help prevent the % of pregnancy or the # of sperm , thus lowering the chances ( thats what the box said ) ... spermecide ... apparently it reduces the chances by about 5 to 10 %

so my question is , if you use this lube ( spermecide in it ) that lower if by ... lets give it 5% ... and the pill is 99% ... does that mean that its almost fullproof ... about 99.9999% ? or it will make no difference ?

i know what some ppl will say already ... " its better to use the pill and comdom like that theres a tiny almost impossible chance ." ...

Quote Originally Posted by Late_vamp
    ok i know there are creams/lube that can help prevent the % of pregnancy or the # of sperm , thus lowering the chances ( thats what the box said ) ... spermecide ... apparently it reduces the chances by about 5 to 10 %

so my question is , if you use this lube ( spermecide in it ) that lower if by ... lets give it 5% ... and the pill is 99% ... does that mean that its almost fullproof ... about 99.9999% ? or it will make no difference ?

i know what some ppl will say already ... " its better to use the pill and comdom like that theres a tiny almost impossible chance ." ...
    I believe that if you use the combination of the two (pill and spermacide), you are decreasing your risks significantly. There is no fool proof method on the market asside from surgery - such as removing the uterus, tieing tubes, etc and even those aren't all super guarenteed (the tube tieing can fail). The only fool proof way not to get pregnant is to not have sex....which I know all of you have heard a zillion times from your sex ed teachers. Hope that helps.

She's a girl... Your a boy... She is having periods... You had unprotected sex...

Yes there is a possibility.
    *MaJiK*

There are not many things I fear in life, but disappointing you is my greatest.

I love you even with your flaws... I love you because of your flaws.

she's pregnant. congratulations!

also, it's a boy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast