+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Break up from 5 weeks

Break up from 5 weeks

hey...
    we had a break up from around 5 weeks for reasons out of our control (her parents)...
    I know her friends... they are telling me that she's upset because she thinks that I am ignoring her... (she was online several times, and she tried to talk with me, but I was away).. she even says for them:"why isn't he sending me emails"? (she didn't send me one yet)
    She want me to be her friend, but I know that I can't be her friend unless I overcome all my feelings...

I am trying not to contact her at all, because I still have the feeling towards her... I am trying to forget her at all by making myself busy all the time...

what should I do? Is it right to stay at what I am doing? or I should send her an email, or see her to have some conversation?
    I appreciate any comments and help...

How long were you together? Is she saying she wants a permanent split?? Give a bit more info and I might be able to help.

;-)
    Jakki

Quote Originally Posted by jakki2903
    How long were you together? Is she saying she wants a permanent split?? Give a bit more info and I might be able to help.

;-)
    about one year...
    she didn't say anything because she knows that she can't give a false promise...

any support??

I've sort of been in this situation before..and my ex just stopped talking to me without even asking how I felt about it, to try and "overcome" his feelings and I was like well thanks for that but what if I WANT to talk to you.. you know? I think it's a little selfish to not consider how she feels.

Stay with No Contact. If you are still into her, but can't be with her then it would be best to let yourself get over her. And I have been in something similar to this as well. My ex couldn't talk to me because it was hard. Yeah it kind of hurt, but I understood and left him alone.

Quote Originally Posted by missguided.rose
    I've sort of been in this situation before..and my ex just stopped talking to me without even asking how I felt about it, to try and "overcome" his feelings and I was like well thanks for that but what if I WANT to talk to you.. you know? I think it's a little selfish to not consider how she feels.
    yeah you are right in one case, if she still have the feelings.... but I think she is over me now, but she want us to be friends... but I don't know.. maybe I am not over her till now...!!!!!!!

hellooo :S

hello!

________

asl plz!!!!

no contact

self preservation. no use in putting yourself through possible hell. selfish? yes...but sometimes we have to be selfish during the course of our lives. besides, if she's not over you, then this period of silence will be good for her to whether she knows it or not.

i'm assuming you both don't think you'll be getting back together...

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony
    asl plz!!!!
    What? Is this an AOL chat room? How did I get lost in here!

American Sign Language? That's all it means to me. lol. I have no idea either, Junsui.
    From one who knows everything about nothing plus much much more!

Quote Originally Posted by funsounds

i'm assuming you both don't think you'll be getting back together...
    yup.. but both still have the feeling...
    and I am still seeing her till now in my dreams.....

A clean break is the best way.

Unless you want to keep the flame lit, your best bet is to allow yourself the time to get over you feelings and emotions without this on-again-off-again thing.
    It will only prolong the inevitable anyway. So, you are either going to go throught it now, or, if you continue the dialogue, you will be going through it later. Let her friends know that you care for her and wish her the best, but for the time being, with the parent thing and all, it is best for both of you to move on. Down the road you can be friends but trying to be friends now only complicates your life. Best luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast