+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Social Media Relationship Status

Social Media Relationship Status

My boyfriend and I have been together going on a year. When we first got together we both changed our relationship status to in a relationship and tagged each other. Well a couple weeks ago it suddenly disappeared on his end (it now says single) but mine stayed the same. When I asked him why he never really gave me an answer so I changed mine to single as well. We live together and were having problems at the time but now we are doing a lot better, we rarely argue but he still won't change the relationship status back. I changed mine and tried to tag him in it, which has to get his approval in order to show up on his page. He says he "hasn't had the time to accept my request" which is ridiculous. My question is what's his problem? We never broke up and things have gotten alot better between us.

Yeah, definitely a red flag. In my opinion, why wouldn't you change it to in a relationship?

If you enjoy being with someone, you'd never be against making that public.

Possibly he's having second thoughts. Either way, what he's feeding you is bs. Everybody has time to do things like that, as you said, it takes 5 seconds.
    But, you're being a good teammate. You're asking quality questions, trying to get him to communicate, etc.

Yes, being a red flag is obvious. Being a good teammate is bullshit. He is not on your team What is your gut telling you? Does this behavior feel right to you? obviously not or you wouldn't be asking us. You may not be arguing and feeling like you are getting along but, deep down you know he isn't being honest about something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Yes, being a red flag is obvious. Being a good teammate is bullshit. He is not on your team What is your gut telling you? Does this behavior feel right to you? obviously not or you wouldn't be asking us. You may not be arguing and feeling like you are getting along but, deep down you know he isn't being honest about something!!
    I feel like sometimes you misinterpret what I say.

I was stating, she was being a good teammate. Not the guy.
    She's attempting to understand things and hear him out.
    Which is good. I'm applauding her for what she's doing because I think what she was doing was good.

But, it sounds like he isn't capable of having good communication. Which, makes things like this impossible to sort out.

In my opinion for him to do this is so that he is opens to other things. There is something that is not working in your relationship. This is just the effect.