+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Guy-Girl Age Gap...

Guy-Girl Age Gap...

I know that age gaps don't really matter so much...but what if a girl is older than the guy? I still don't think it matters, but what do you think? I've fallen for a girl that's a year older (not much i know), but I'm in high school and that doesn't work out too well...
    "There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people"

-Anonymous

I don't think age means anything. I have been in a relationship with a guy who is younger then I am by 5 years. I think that it depends on how you feel about each other.
    We have been together for 4 years. It may be falling apart now but thats for other reasons not because he is younger then I am.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    true...age is nothing but a number. mentality is a better way of defining how well you're fit together. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I am currently in a relationship where the guy is almost 3 yrs. younger and age really doesn't matter. It's a matter of how both of you blend in the relationship and if, being the guy, you're the one directing the relationship. I mean, even if you're younger, being the guy, you should still be the one who has the last word.
    Jay-tea :0)

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    My wife is 5 years older than I and that doesn't make a difference.

It's the attitude we have towards each other that is making the difference.

LINEBACKER 2

mentality is a better way of defining how well you're fit together.
    I think that, that is really well put. Age is "nothing but a number" - but there is usually a coralation between age and maturity.

There are also generational things, and "stage" things. One, can you relate to each others youth? I've seen this have an impact particularly on the couples I know who have a big age gap. And what phase of life you're in also plays a bigpart. (ie: is one still in school and the other looking to settle down?)

So yes age is a number, but that number usually, (obviously not always) is a reference to where they are at in life.

Personally, I've only once dated or even seriously considered a girl my own age or younger. I can't seem to match up well mentally with a girl younger than me or my own age. They all seem too immature to me.

My current girlfriend is six and half years older than me. It really was never an issue. It was a "bit" of one in the beginning (not 'officially' knowing each other's ages, but both knowing that I was the younger one), but once we started hanging out we started having great times together and now we're in a great relationship.
    Also, in the beginning it was a little odd. Let me tell you, I wasn't liked at all by her brother when we first started dating. I mean, his older sister, by three years, is dating a guy younger than him by three years?! A wierd situation indeed . . . . especially when he used to threaten to break my f___ing legs if I ever touched her. But I can take him anyday so it never bothered me

The lowest age I dated - one year older, the highest that wanted to date me but I didn't want to date her - eight years older.

It's all how you link mentally. Also, it helps if you're kind of at the same "stage" of life as I like to call it. Me and my girlfriend both are musicians, and we both have only graduated a two year university (she taking years off before starting college). It would've been harder with the girl eight years older than me who was graduating with a master's in english while I was just entering college. Great girl, but I know it never woulda worked.

Alexi