+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating HELP!!

Dating HELP!! School-boy Syndrome!!

Hello guys and girls... I need some advice for a tricky situation. Alright ready? Here it is: Alright, so there is this girl that I've been in love with since the first day I saw her at school. Everytime she walks in the room and we see eachother I can't help but look away like a little school boy (and I'm 23!) b/c she is just so beautiful. Her and I have talked in the past, but nothing big, just chit-chat type conversations. Anyways, she just broke up with her boyfriend about a month ago I guess (who also goes to my school). Well a friend of mine is pretty good friends with her and speaks to her every once in a while on the phone, but yesterday, he told her that I liked her. See, she was always asking who this secret admirer was all along and finally he told her it was me. He went on to say that she is looking for a date to this school talent event on tuesday (dec. 6th) and he mentioned I have a really good chance to go with her.

So here-in lies the big problem... how do I possibly approach her and start to make things happen?? I mean, I can't just go up to her and be like, so uh, my friend told you that I liked ya, wanna go out? And I don't want to try and chance things that she could possibly walk up to me b/c she might not and I'll miss out on this oppurtunity. I've been stuck trying to figure out how to approach her without making an ass out of myself... Has anyone ever been in this type of situation?? If so, please help me out here with some good advice! I have a class with her on monday morning and I usually see her tuesday's after my first class in the student lounge. HELP!!

§ouLto§ouL
    Last edited by §ouLto§ouL; 03-12-05 at 10:38 AM. Reason: change of some things...

Quote Originally Posted by §ouLto§ouL
    I mean, I can't just go up to her and be like, so uh, my friend told you that I liked ya, wanna go out?
    Actually, you can. I'd think that'd be your best bet.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

well since your friend already broke the ice for you, I think it would be easier if you just go up to her and start a simple conversation, then ask her about the dance. You don't have to tell her what your friend said, let her bring that up.

or just say, hey (if she doesent know u well introduce urslef) and say iam a friend of<insert ur fiend name here>, would u wanna go to the talent hingy with me

Stop being a pussy and ask her out! Many women still like the man to do the asking...

yea , shes probably expecting you to make a move anytime now , dont keep her waiting to long because it will be a major dissapointment for both of you ...

just go up to her and improvise , say what you have to say and then scram, dont stay thinking that you might be able to set a better path ... once you have plans with her , just give any excuse to get out of there ... "ok so ill see you at 8 on thursday ... ok whats your # ... alright soo ill see you then , take care " walk away ...