+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I give him my number

Should I give him my number

There is a guy at my current job that every time we see each other our eyes are like magnets to one another. Sometimes when he sees me his eyes will light up. Sometimes while we are 'eyelocked' he will have a blank expression and sometimes he will smile. The eyelock lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes(creepy right). We don't talk. We run into each other 2-3 days per week. He is in a much more prestigious position than I am. I have accepted a position in another building, I would like to give him my phone number but I'm not sure if he wants it. Is there any way to know if he does? Also I don't want to get into trouble since it is work.

Two minutes is a long time to stare into someone's eyes, isn't it? I guess a guy's opinion like you were looking for would be helpful here. I've been out of the "game" for a while now and just always assumed that the men were the aggressors and would do the asking if they were interested but, that has changed a bit.

If your gut is feeling like you are definitely getting vibes off this guy and he may just be feeling a little bit shy, then take the chance and asking for his number. As far as any inter policy dating goes, that's something you need to look into.

Yes ~ of course

Nowadays boys sometimes are too shy or cowardly to profess to their favorite girl and just stay behind to stare at them. In ur passage, i know u have feeling on him and he is the same too. If u can take the initiative to approach him, i am quite sure that you both will be together. Trust my first sense of love~~ He definitely is a shy boy, why ? he can bear staring at you 30s to 2 mins with no further action, if i were him, i would probably say hi to you and start conversation with you . So i hope u can capture him !!^^

Bump...........
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I chalked the encounters up to a power struggle. I'm not sure that is accurate but accurate enough.

Yes, one of the biggest mistakes is not to try. This way you won`t feel any regrets down the line.

Im not really sure what to think. But if he were interested enough I think he would have talked to me. He doesn't seem to have any confidence issues. I am under the impression that he probably thinks I'm cute or whatever but he isn't really interested for whatever reason. Possibly because he has a pretty high social status and I don't. Who knows. The odds of running In to him again are not favorable. However, I definitely miss the way he looks at me.....or maybe the way I felt when he looked at me.

I think its not necessary to start dating but you both should start talking at least at work. Maybe less of empty talk like about work but more personal kind of talk - get to know each other better and what you both all about in life, like hobbies, relationship status, future plans in life and so on.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ParadiseLost For This Useful Post:

Agree with Paradise here. There's really should some social interaction starting going between you two. Either way if you both don't start talking then it can lead to problems once you do or everything might end without even starting.
    Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will

Talk to him first