+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is love as a distraction really a "distraction"?

Is love as a distraction really a "distraction"?

I have this really crush on a girl in my gym class. She's older than me, but I have already decided that it doesn't matter.
    Problem is, I keep thinking about her...a lot. I en up stretching the time I need to finish homework from 4 hours to about 6. I also end up losing sleep.
    Am I a pathetic sap? Am I thinking too much? Or is this perfectly normal?
    I think that this is due to the fact that I keep feeling sad. I'm always depressed now since she seems to be a really attractive girl who can have anyone except me. She's to hard to get and I feel pathetically weak.
    "There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people"

-Anonymous

From reading your other thread, this girl's only a year older than you right? That's nothing man. I could see if you were like a freshman and she was a senior or something.

It's normal to have a huge crush on a girl. Meaning you think about her all the time and would love to have a shot at her. You said you're feeling depressed because she could have anyone she wants BUT you. Well, how do you know?

Is there any reason to believe that she would never give you the chance besides your lack of self-confidence? You seem to have the, "too bad you're beautiful" attitude towards her.

I say you should have no reason to be upset until you truely talk to her and see what's up. Maybe just smile at her next time you see her and you both engage eye contact. See her reaction and go from there.

What you're experiencing right now looks like extreme infatuation. We all get it. If you can get the nerve to try to strike up a conversation and get to know this girl well, then it may develop into something. What do you have to lose?
    Heit ist mein taug.

I've already talked to her and she says hi to me in the halls. But she seems too good for me...She smiles at me when ever we meet...god damnit, it's the sweetest thing I've ever seen...But I'm still not sure...I'm confident about everything else I do in life,but just not love. I never thought of myself as that kind of person.

-Anonymous

Girls like confidence man, believe me. Be sweet, but not super nice....thats something saved for deep realtionships...not first meetings. Stike a good conversation with her, allow your self to open up with her, make her laugh. This will allow her to be confertable(Sp) around you.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    she's the sweetest?? have you have a converstaion with her? i suggest that you don't jump to conclusions, but start a converstaion with her. you already think she's the prettiest girl that you've seen so why not try at a friendship first? it's another step foward. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

i told you guys that i have, but I'm still not sure if she feels the same way.

-Anonymous

Give it time.
    Keep being nice to her and talk to her whenever you get the chance. I mean, it wouldn't be so appropriate if you ask about her feelings after a talk or two right? So maybe if you've gotten to know each other better for some time, when you're more comfortable around her already, then that could be a good time to ask
    Jay-tea :0)

From reading your other thread, this girl's only a year older than you right? That's nothing man. I could see if you were like a freshman and she was a senior or something.
    Well, you have to remember it is High School. In high school, it's a much bigger deal than out of it. I mean, high school is the place where people always want to "fit in" and "blend with the crowd". How well is she gonna blend if she's a junior dating a . . . dare I say it? Sophomore! I only knew of ONE instance in my entire HS career of someone dating a grade ahead. And that was the guy considered to be the "hottest" guy in his grade.

I don't mean to be mean, but don't get your hopes up cause in HS, I've found that life can be a bitch and it's way too complicated there. When you get to college, dating (in my humble opinion) is MUCH easier and relaxed.

Alexi

college?!? you're kidding...cuz i really like her. Oh well, you're probably right, plus she doesn't seem interested in me.

-Anonymous

Is it college? That's a whole nother ballgame then. College is much less of a pain in the arse than high school. If it's college then I say go for it. If it's high school, I'd be a little less hasty to say the same thing.

For the record, I'm in college and have been asked out by a girl seven years older than me who was in graduate school while I was a sophomore, and right now I'm dating a girl six years older than me that I met in college (she was taking one class a semester to keep her voice in shape as a music major and I just happened to be in the same class).

So I like to consider myself proof that these things do happen, and my girlfriend even tells me that had we met while I was still in high school she never would've even considered dating me, but since we met in college she figured, "why not?"

Alexi

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i suggest that you not worry and give it time. if you're already talking to her, there is nothing more you can really do besides treating her good. after she tests the waters and realizes that she likes you or not, she'll give you her responce. you just have to pick up the signals. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...