+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vent: Crappy Monday

Vent: Crappy Monday

I work for Satan. Incase you were wondering. I've always known it, but have generally been pretty accepting of the situation. I'm at the end of my rope. I'd be gone right after the holidays but I dont think I have enough of the job skills the tech marketplace is currently seeking.

Anyway, a couple weeks ago they told our human resource manager she was fired. They didn't know when, but they would let her know when her time was up. She's a good person, did her job fine as well as I'm aware, but was told she's "not a people person and they shouldn't have hired her 2yrs ago when they did" She's a good person whom I consider a friend. About an hour ago, she left and her name is no longer on the in/out board.

Today they told my girlfriend, client services, that she needed to train the other client service's person how to do what she does. They gave some lame excuse like "We need to see how we can bridge the ways you two do things differently" Past experience tells me this is the way they generally fire people with important job roles. Her only fault is that she doesn't take any shit from nobody and lets the management know when they're being stupid (which is everytime they open their mouth).

Anyway it sucks. I want to quit but I'm going to need at leasy 4-6 months to learn additional skills. It would be awesome if 1/2 the Client Services dept and the entire IT dept quit on the same day they fired the human resources manager.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Tone Guest
    Why not go out and look for somethin new? Then, if you get lucky, and land a job you can quit this one with no prob!

Sucks for your HS manager and your g/f.

Thanks Tone. They've fired so many good people over the three years I've been here. I plan to do that, or at least I do now. Can't hurt to apply.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

That's true, never hurts to apply. Do you have to tell your current employment if you are looking elsewhere for a job? Because I know on applications they ask if they can call your current employment. Just curious.

No you dont have to tell them and that question on the App is for that exact reason.

That sucks, Tavs. Good luck in your search. I guess you know quite a bit about technology so you shouldn't have much problems finding a new job.
    -to be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting.- e.e.cummings

Well, at least you have plenty of jobs in America, all those phone calling jobs in boxes and stuff. Even security guy has enough payful job to live with (compared to the place where I live). So be happy.
    Don't expect anything.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa
    Well, at least you have plenty of jobs in America, all those phone calling jobs in boxes and stuff. Even security guy has enough payful job to live with (compared to the place where I live). So be happy.
    You have grandiose ideas about security guard pay rates. Naturally, there are worse jobs, but things in America probably cost more than they do where you live, and security guards don't make much. It is all relative.

Sorry you are unhappy TAVS.

My friend's plan is to save up some money and move to Thailand where he is hopping to live like a king...
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

that's a good plan!

i'm really sorry that's happening. kinda reminds me the movie office space.

TAVS----"I've always known it, but have generally been pretty accepting of the situation. I'm at the end of my rope. I'd be gone right after the holidays but I dont think I have enough of the job skills the tech marketplace is currently seeking."

The worst thing is when management knows you don't have the skills to move. That's when they really tighten the screws. They can be mean and nasty because they can get away with it.
    So as an employee, just suck it up and deal with it. Last week was lousy for me. Followed my boss' orders, but got shouted at by the client on the telephone. I came out looking like the bad guy and now everyone at the client's office knows who Chlorine is. Thing is, you can't let bad work situations affect you. Just keep going, but set yourself the deadline. Example, two more years to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills. Than when the deadline arrives, you walk out on them when they least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    You have grandiose ideas about security guard pay rates. Naturally, there are worse jobs, but things in America probably cost more than they do where you live, and security guards don't make much. It is all relative.

Sorry you are unhappy TAVS.

Well, yes security guard is actually far off from lowest. But as you said, it is still very much low. Anyway, I know a person who won in a green card lottery and so they moved into USA, his father was working as a security guard and he could easily keep up the family.
    Where I live, you could hardly pay the bills with security guards pay. But then again, here are much more worse jobs that that. Like minimum (150,54346189744979375545720049378$), with that, it is almost impossible to pay the bills and not starve.
    Last edited by boobaa; 07-12-05 at 12:31 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Depends on what you're bills are. A single security guard aint living no life of luxury here, probably just the basics.

What do they make, minimum wage?
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

I think it's all about the descipline. A person from overseas who knows the value of money, knows how to ration their resources and how to make the most out of bare minimals and bare essentials will find even a minimum wage of US as more than enough to sustain a family...

$20 for example can get you enough vegetables, cereals and garnish with enough vitamins and nutrients to sustain your body in a very healthy condition for more than a week...
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast