+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it possible to be in lust for 3 years?

Is it possible to be in lust for 3 years?

I will try to make this as short and simple as possible. This guy and I have been talking for 3 years now on and off. Recently it seems like all we do is have sex. Is it possible that we really dont love each and just enjoy the sex? Or maybe there's an unspoken bond between us. Honestly I want to know should I continue letting this happen or just quit talking to him. Obviously I'm starting to catch feelings, but is it even worth waiting to see where this ends up or are my worst fears true and all we will ever be are sexual partners?

I know you are looking for a man's response and I would be curious to hear what they have to say but, I'm going to give you my opinion as a woman.

You say you have been "talking" for three years now. I'm not sure what that means. Have you always been having sex or is it something recent? As women, we have been trained that we simply just have casual sex for the enjoyment of it. That makes us sluts and the men users. We have to be in love in order to have sex.

Are you in love with him? Do you want more from the relationship? You don't have to. You can simply just be enjoying the sex. More than likely, that sounds like what it is about for your partner. If you truly want more, then you need to voice that and see what he has to say. Just don't confuse sexual intimacy with emotional intimacy.

The sex is recent. The first year of our relationship we had no sex. Sadly yes I am in love with him. Yes I want more from him. It's just so hard to read him and I fear if I spend more time in this situation the more I will be attached. And I'm really wondering should I stay or just let it go.