+ Follow This Topic

Thread: If you could unload

If you could unload

If you could say whatever was on your mind to whomever you wanted without any consequences, what would you say?

I would tell my husband I think he is a big drama queen when he is not feeling well.

Wow. That's a good one! I will really have to put some thought to it. To be honest, I don't know. Generally, there is rarely much I want to say to anybody that I can't just say. Either because I've realized the person isn't good and it isn't worth my time bothering to say it to them.... or because the particular thing isn't something it is worth bothering to bring up for one reason or another, etc.

Like, I'll give you one example. You know how people generally know when a topic they have to discuss won't interest everybody? Like, say you are talking about work. Unless you are a rock star or a freaking astronaut or something, nobody wants to hear about your work. LOL! So, IF you tell a work story to somebody, you tend to keep it very brief and just give them the basic facts. You know better than to go into painstaking, boring detail.

My best friend was apparently born without that filter. LOL! He'll go ON and ON in great detail about some work problem or something like that. I absolutely don't mind him talking to me about it, that's what friends are for. But, for the love of cheese-wiz!!!! Just give me the summary version. I swear, my eyes glass over, I go into auto-pilot mode with "yeahs" and "uh huhs" and just wait for the suffering to end. LOL! ...But that is one of those things where I've always just felt it is better not to say anything. It isn't THAT big a deal and to say something might just hurt his feelings. It isn't like that is going to make me stop being his friend, so I just deal with it.

I think, though, probably the biggest one for me is I'd actually ask out a gal if/when I had a crush on her. I've spent way too much of my life having a crush on somebody (not that I had a TON of crushes, but I had my fair share) and being too shy... or being too sure they'd have no interest.... or finding about a million other reasons NOT to talk to them and never actually giving myself that chance. So, I think that would probably be the number 1 on my list. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a complete idiot. I wouldn't gush all over them like they are amazing and confess that I've had a massive crush on them. LOL! I'd just ask them out like any normal human being would.
    Last edited by TheEvilJester; 15-08-18 at 11:17 PM.

I have said it when I was 13 or 14 y.o to my mother but I would like to repeat it and stare her down in hopes someone feels bad about how they acted. I said when I was age mentioned why was she verbally and physically abusive to me growing up, constantly and would make choices for me that hurt me too. Her reply," I didn't, you are making it all up" and went back to watching her TV program. SMH.
    “Accept — then act. Whatever the present moment contains, accept it as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.”
    ― Eckhart Tolle

I would tell Capcom to stop making shitty Resident Evil games. All they do now is announce remakes of classic titles as it gets people easily excited. When that fails, they will likely go bankrupt at long last.

I'd tell the admin here to wake the F up and take care of his business/website because it is becoming overrun by spammers and he is losing members because of it ( because clearly doing it electronically he can ignore you, face to face he cannot).
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

The term "administrator" has become so meaningless.

To an ex: It's going to catch up with you, and this time you won't outrun it. He was a player, habitual liar and louse, and type that thinks he is always seen as perfect. The fall will hurt when it catches up and he realizes how people actually see him.

You know, more so than saying it to him, wouldn't you love to get to watch it like a TV show? Watch when karma eventually catches up and kicks him in the butt? LOL! I am big on moving on, on not dwelling on the past. These days, my ex means nothing to me, that past holds no pain for me anymore. I don't directly wish her any ill will... but even I can't help but admit, I would love to see it when her BS inevitably catches up with her. LOL!

Truth be told, though, I am much better off and much happier without a toxic person like that in my life. Realizing that, and being away from that, is enough of a reward on its own.