+ Follow This Topic

Thread: He rushed out the door after sex

He rushed out the door after sex

Hi guys! I need some male opinion and advice.

I was married for 12 years and separated and got divorced over a year ago. I decided to start dating again and met this guy on an online dating app.

We went on 3 dates, and lots of texting in between. Until one day we ended up sexting and he came to my house to have sex the next day.

We talked for a couple of hours before the sex in my living room, and it was nice. The sex was really good, we had lots of chemistry and compatibility.

But, after he finished (if you know what I mean), he just basically got up, got dressed and ran down the stairs to the front door to leave. He didn't even wait with me in the bedroom for me to get dressed, he waited downstairs next to the door in the dark.

I found that reaaaaalllyyy weird. Shouldn't he at least wait in the bedroom for me to get dressed? Then I got dressed and went downstairs because I had to open the door for him that was locked. He mention for us to go on a date again before he left, lean to me to kiss goodbye, but as I went for a peck on his lips, the turned his face and gave me his cheek. I was stunned.

I mean, I get it, we're not in a relationship, but we just had sex! Isn't a bit ridiculous avoiding giving me a kiss in the lips and giving me his cheek?

Anyway, next day he kept texting me all day, for several days, even said he enjoyed the sex, but never mentioned the date again.

I'm not sure what to think. I was married for a long time and I'm not used to this, but I've had casual sex and ONS before I met my ex-husband and never ever had a guy getting up, getting dressed and rushing through the door like that, and even avoiding kissing me on the lips. I even had ONS where the guy would stay over for the night.

So, I'm confused here. As guys, what do you think?

I think he doesn't want to give off the impression in any way he is interested in anything serious.

But think of this another way, its kind of like garbage that cleans up itself. You don't have to worry about the stink hanging around you and never leaving.
    A strong woman takes advantage of help she can get from people around her but she doesn't rely on them for anything

She uses logic and manages her emotions

She offers help either because it is a business transaction or out of kindness. It is never because she hopes others will return the favour or out of fear of losing them

She has her own mind and thinks for herself and knows that she has to be the one who bears the consequences of her decisions

Quote Originally Posted by fearoflove View Post
    I think he doesn't want to give off the impression in any way he is interested in anything serious.

But think of this another way, its kind of like garbage that cleans up itself. You don't have to worry about the stink hanging around you and never leaving.
    LOL I liked that example!

Well we agreed to go on another date, he said he was going to book the restaurant for us to have dinner and tell me what time he would meet me, and then on the date day, he went silent and didn't contact me. I guess that, again, your example of the "garbage that cleans up itself" applies again.

Bump...........
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”