+ Follow This Topic

Thread: My boyfriend of five years wanted to move in But told me he wants to leave the bedroo

My boyfriend of five years wanted to move in But told me he wants to leave the bedroo

Good evening everyone, my boyfriend of five years finally decided to move in with me and my 2 girls that call him dad. But told me today that he wants to leave his bedroom furniture and office at his house with his brother. I told him that’s not moving in and that he probably was not ready to commit so he should take time to think about it. He got kind of angry and said if it’s not you were way then it’s no way. And I responded with no if it’s not your way then it’s no way. Why because he has been saying every two months for the last two years that he was going to move in. He states that he owns the house with his brother and his brother doesn’t want roommates so he’s going to leave the stuff there and still pay all of the bills like usual. I told him that is not moving out and moving in with me. It’s just bringing some stuff over to my house and stay more often. Am I wrong?

Is he living with you? Does he come home to you and sleep there every night? Does it really matter that he is keeping furniture behind? Do you not have a bedroom set to sleep in?

It sounds like you are feeling insecure about him being serious and wanting to live with you. Do you expect him to sell his home so you can feel like he has really moved in? Moving in with a woman with children when you have the independence of owning your own home is a big step and big commitment. You need to get in touch with your fears and expectations and have an honest discussion with him.