+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She's bossy and it's killing me.

She's bossy and it's killing me.

My girlfriend is the most bossy person I know and everytime she tells me what to do, my love for her slowly fades. I love her genuinely--- it isn’t something questionable. But her attitude is very suffocating. I sometimes don’t feel that she’s really loving me coz it doesn’t seem like it. One time, I told her I’m breaking up with her because I can’t handle her anymore. Yet, she said she will kill herself if I leave her. I don’t know what to do anymore.

Love cant be forced. i dont know what she initially attracted u , but if now u feel suffocating with her, u have better leave now. i can see the unwillingness of u . Maybe u can first talk about the problem with her and see how she react or respond to the problem. If she really dont wanna change her attitude, then leave will be a released way for u.

Professional help

If she threatenes to kil herself someone , then you should get professional help

She is manipulating you with the "I will kill myself " talk in order to keep you from leaving, tell her if she is that emotionally unbalanced it proves she should not be in a relationship with you or anyone at the moment, and that will shut up her talk about killing herself because it doesn't help her cause and you are telling her so. She wants you to feel guilty, don't.
    “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.”

I know it can be hard to tell, but do you think she sincerely meant she'd kill herself if you left her, or do you think she was just being emotionally manipulative? Neither of those is okay, mind you. I think, though, I'd agree with the idea of either encouraging her to seek out professional help, or maybe even just reporting what she said yourself. People should know better than to say something like that so lightly, so if she didn't really mean it, it would serve her right the crap she'd have to go through if you reported her.

Bottom line, though, that is not a reason to stay with her if she only brings you misery. Sure, relationships often hit a rough patch here and there, but you work through them and move on. If a relationship seems to only bring you misery, then you are probably better off without it. We can't necessarily know for sure whether your relationship is worth saving or if you'd be better off leaving the situation. I definitely know I have a leaning based on the story you've shared, but ultimately that will be your decision. Best of luck.

Your words are confusing. "I love her genuinely--- it isn’t something questionable." You say she is bossy and you don't like to be bossed around. Do you love her for who she is or not? Talk to her about her behaviors that bother you. Don't just threaten to break up with her. But of course her threatening to kill herself as an answer to getting you to stay isn't healthy either. Perhaps her being so bossy is her need to have some sort of control. You won't know until you just sit her down and talk to her instead of us.

The I'm gonna kill myself talk is someone scared about losing you. People act out of fear, don't be held hostage.
    (≚ᄌ≚)ℒℴѵℯ

My brother you have to be as man and groom you woman the way you want her to treat you before it is too late. if you take it when she is already used being bossy to you i promise you will lose her because she will not be able to change her ways.

Yeah, I agree with that to some degree. You shouldn't just sit back and allow her to treat you that way or it will become too hard for it to ever change. If you accept that sort of treatment now, she'll see she can get away with it, and then why would she ever change?

Though, I'd also present that you shouldn't HAVE TO show her you won't be treated poorly in the first place. If that is even a thing in your relationship, maybe she doesn't deserve you anyway. I mean, I can't know that since I'm not you. Maybe there is something worth saving in this relationship. But, one thing is for sure, if she can't treat you the way you deserve then she doesn't deserve you. Not unless that can change.