+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating Tips Please!

Dating Tips Please!

I finally asked the girl that I wanted to ask out and I posted a topic on it a while back, here's the link.
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/t10371-girl-im-interested-in-is-a-stripper.html[/url]

We're good friends and we finally went on a date and everything clicked, she would often hold eye contact for longer than normal and smile and we had a good time on our first date at the movies. We didn't go alone and I almost got she feeling she wanted to be. The only problem was that I was a little nervous and she lives about 30 miles from me and it's quite a drive and difficult to keep up a conversation. I'm normally shy around people I don't know too well or pretty girls for that matter.

Anyways, I'm basically looking for some good dating ideas or tips so get closer so we could talk some more. I think we're both nervous and I think she just wants me to plan out what to do. I'm in Michigan and it's cold and snowy so maybe sledding or something? She lives pretty far away and I'm not to familiar with the area and it's a lot of farmland whereas I live in Detroit. She lives with a roomate and I still live with my dad(we're both 19).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Davy19
    I finally asked the girl that I wanted to ask out and I posted a topic on it a while back, here's the link.
    [url]http://www.loveforum.net/t10371-girl-im-interested-in-is-a-stripper.html[/url]

We're good friends and we finally went on a date and everything clicked, she would often hold eye contact for longer than normal and smile and we had a good time on our first date at the movies. We didn't go alone and I almost got she feeling she wanted to be. The only problem was that I was a little nervous and she lives about 30 miles from me and it's quite a drive and difficult to keep up a conversation. I'm normally shy around people I don't know too well or pretty girls for that matter.

Anyways, I'm basically looking for some good dating ideas or tips so get closer so we could talk some more. I think we're both nervous and I think she just wants me to plan out what to do. I'm in Michigan and it's cold and snowy so maybe sledding or something? She lives pretty far away and I'm not to familiar with the area and it's a lot of farmland whereas I live in Detroit. She lives with a roomate and I still live with my dad(we're both 19).

Thanks!
    Sleigh Ride?

Go cut your own Christmas Tree?

Join a Caroling group?

Dinner and a Movie?

Schools have Christmas Plays this time of year?

If you have a car, go look at Christmas Lights, many areas or neighborhoods go all out on the lights and decorations. Your local community activities chapters could guide you?

A softly lit restaurant that is not to busy?

Take dancing lessons together?

Join a book club together?

Good Luck
    HEY I'M A PILOT
    HEY LLOYD, I'm a pilot

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I live in Michigan.... what city does she live in? Maybe I can help I'm pretty familar with the cities around here.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

If you know how to skate then that could be a great idea, im up in montreal and i brought girl from england out on the rink and we had a blast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud
    I live in Michigan.... what city does she live in? Maybe I can help I'm pretty familar with the cities around here.
    She lives in Algonac and I live in East Detroit so it's quite a way's away. Out in the boonies.
    But the day we were supposed to go out she called me and said she got called into work which was almost a relief kind of since I wanted to think of a better idea.
    What I figured I was going to do since Wednesday we take our final I was going to pick her up and go to class together in the morning(or she just drive herself) and then after class there's a Christmas special going on at my gym which is really close by which is having a bunch of games and pool and such. After that I was going to take her sledding and I asked my friend Frank if I could 'borrow' his hot tub for a bit. So I was going to take her to his house(he gave me his keys) and I was going to cook her king crab legs which I just happen to have in my freezer so I didn't have to buy them. After that I was going to invite her in the hot tub and then maybe watch and movie and call it a night unless of course something else happens.
    Glad to have some time to think of some ideas!

We were going to get a hot tub but not for a while since we just got offered a really good deal, a two year old hot tub for $1100 and nothing is wrong with it. The lady who had it got into a car accident and is paralyzed so she can't use it anymore which is sad, because I'd rather take her to my house than borrowing a friend's house but don't happen to have one.
    Last edited by Davy19; 13-12-05 at 12:30 PM.

Tone Guest
    Wow you'd consider spending $1100 just because you don't want to take this girl you just started datin to a friend's house??

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone
    Wow you'd consider spending $1100 just because you don't want to take this girl you just started datin to a friend's house??

Wow.
    Hell no.
    I said it's too bad we aren't getting a hot tub installed at my house before our date. We were supposed to get it about a week ago but the lady was in Flordia visiting family.

Tone Guest
    Oh LoL

Well hey I hope everything works out for you. Dating a stripper is not somethin a lot of guys would do, so I give you props for that. Did you ever find out if she's almost done with school / plannin on a new career soon? Out of curiousity.

Anyways good luck and let us know how the date turns out!

Well thanks.
    I really don't care that's she is a stripper, her roommate did it and so she gave it a try and has been making plenty of cash so that's good for her.
    We've been talking a lot and she says it'll be hard to get a job right out of college in the field she's going for because she would be making more money at the strip club and I'd imagine that would be kinda hard to do.

But I'll definitely tell everyone how it went. The only problem I have now is that having enough time because I found out that the party at the gym starts at 6 p.m. My class is at 9 a.m. and we'll probably be out by 10:30 so that's a lot of time to cover to get to around 6:00 because that's what time I'd like to make her dinner. I'll try to figure out something.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Sounds like a good plan. And yes Algonac is the boonies... Been there when i was younger, it's really only good for the lakes and stuff. But I think you have a really good idea so good luck with it!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!