Ever since I had been really liking my friend for quite some time now. We have this emotional connection that I cant feel with anyone else. He shares to me all his problems, worries and is not afraid of being vulnerable to me and I share my problems but not all. We are long distance friends and over the past few years, Ive visited his city a couple of times and he does visit my city because his family lives here. He also makes sure to catch up with me when he comes home. Last holiday, it was the most memorable visit. He came home and we talked until 4am. Now, it was the closest we ever had been and i felt it. I was sad to see him go but once in a while i messaged him.

What became weird was on his birthday, I decided to mail him a gift coz i felt really close to him and of course i do like him. But i wasnt planning on really moving to another level because it wasn't an option. He was too far. So i sent him a gift and i thought he will get it right away but he didnt. He said he waa sick etc. I was a bit hurt coz i was really excited for him to get it. On the last day, he got it and he was really happy and thankful. Without me asking, he sent multiple pictures of himself shirtless inside his room with my gift. I just said wow and just said that i thought he wouldnt get my gift bcause i was still hurt. After 15 days, i tried to talk to him but he is already cold towards me. He also just viewed my message when i asked whats wrong. Now out of the blue he must have accidentally called me thru viber coz i got a misscall from him.

I just need some advice because first its not like i confessed my feelings. I knew i would not like the friendship to go beyond because of how complicated the situation is so i dont get why he has to ignore me. I just wanted to stay friends.