+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: a question for the guys...

a question for the guys...

How do you show your interest in a girl?

I'll give you an example. I have spent alot of tme this week with someone I work with. He is very flirtaious but he is with all the ladies. We were dribing back from playing tennis the other day, after a few beers, and we were talking about our love life. I told him that I was in a relationship and he said, "what about me? I thought we had something?' I said jokingly that he was my second choice and he said that he would take second to noone. I have no idea if he was serious or if he just said that because he likes to flirt. Do guys use flirting as a way to show they are interested or just to flirt? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by jane; 26-10-03 at 08:59 AM.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Me personally I like to flirt to show interest in a girl.

do you think he was trying to show he was intereested in me?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

LINEBACKER _2 Guest
    Jane, he baby... do whatever you think is right in this case. In the end though, don't forget about me.

He's flirting with you. It sounds like he's taking whatever he can get his paws on, to me.

Good luck baby.

LINEBACKER 2

oohh...i wouldn't get jealous if I were you! you have no reason to be.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Well it sounds like he is interested those are some strong statements.I know I would'nt say anything to a woman like that if I was'nt serious but thats me.

what if he meant it jokingly? Would you say it then?
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Those are still strong statements even if he sais it jokingly.Why say something like that if your not interested in someone.Plus if you have been spending a lot of time with the guy he might think there is something more.Your having beers playing tennis talking about your life together.Do you know if he spends time with any of the other women in the office like this?Or does he just spend time with you?Do you just want to be friends with this guy or do you want something more? I dont know its a situation where a lot of questions are not awnsered.And how the hell did this get so complicated all of the sudden...........

lol...
    We were playing tennis with two other peolple one of them girls, but he didn't tell her all he has told me. I have no idea. We are friends and i want to keep it at that.
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if i already don't talk to her, usually just give her a lot of eye contact is the first signal. after that, i end up usually calling them a lot and asking them if they would like to go out to lunch. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

So you just want to know if he likes you? You don't want to date him or nothing? If he's very flirtacious with all the ladies, maybe he's just a ladies man?

Anyways, I don't think he was serious when he said, "what about us?" At least not DEAD serious. I think he was just saying that to flirt with you, and see what kind of a reaction that withdrew. Things like this guys may use to see how a girl reacts to the thought of being with him. Being it is a joke or not.

I know if I told a girl that, and she was like, "whatever, we'd never be like that." I'd know at that point that she doesn't like me. At least that's what I'd think. It's clearly an attempt to flirt, and you flirt with people you tend to like. He was throwing you a pitch and was checking to see it you'd make a swing.

I guess you can say it's a test question to see how a girl feels about you more or less. From a guy's POV.

I don't show intentionally. I usually speek to her a lot because I like her an smile a lot for the same reason. I never flirt though.
    "There are no such things as stupid questions, just stupid people"

-Anonymous

He kind of reminds me of my friend, who kind of does the same thing... Is he interested in you? Yes, but it seems to me that to him, "any girl will do, as long as they are cute, and if I lose her, no big deal, I'll go for the next one". If that's the kind of guy you want to go out with, be my guest, but I wouldn't expect a long relationship. That's just my two cents.

DuckyWucky.
    I think you hit the nail on the head. With all of the fires going on in my neighborhood, He called to make sure i was ok. I think we are friends and he just thought it was a funny thing to say. He's cute, no doubt about that but, I am already involved so...
    Thanks for the advice!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

by the way, DuckyWucky... how did you get your avatar to be so animated? IT AWESOME!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast