+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Writing is on the Wall

The Writing is on the Wall

Hey everyone I have been lurking here for quite some time and I guess my first post will end up in this forum...lol.

Little background....

Met a girl seven months ago. I am 29 she is 25. We exchanged numbers and starting seeing each other. Things moved pretty quickly. Things have been good for the most part. No real drama... no games.

I have anxiety disorder and get very insecure. I knew this before I met her and tried to keep it from hurting her or our relationship. The tough part is that on some nights I can't help but get quiet and nervous around people. I started to see a therapist in October and think I am about to request medication.

Tough part is that I finally let her in to what is going on in my head. I told the way I feel and she backed away. This was Saturday.

I thought she was backing away because of these issues. After talking with her this morning she mentioned that she has been having doubts even before I opened up to her about my issues. She said she feels something is missing in the relationship and that she may not want to even be in a relationship. Of course this hurts...very badly.

The problem is that we have a lot of holiday plans coming up. She is having a New Years Eve Party at her house and invited my parents and friends. She wants to try and stay to gether until New Years then see what happens.

Our parents have not met. My parents are coming to the party to please me. I don't feel comfortable with our parents meeting if this is going to end right after that party. I am not even sure I can go through with everything.

I am upset and mostly venting but any advice or opinions are welcome.
    Last edited by DPR417; 20-12-05 at 01:10 AM.

Suck it up and see it through. Who knows, it might not even be the end (it's a long shot, but ya never know).

Cancel, make new plans, and move on.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

show up with guns blazing and a getaway plan to panama

I have thought of both gutting it out and making new plans.

Not sure what to do.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think if things are not working out, it is best not to drag it out. Why would your parents want to meet the girl you'll be breaking things off with after the holidays? At your age, they are probably starting to hope for a wedding to materialize.

Also, why after the holidays? Are you an extravagant gift-giver?

Welcome, by the way...

Definitely don't take your parents along. Chances are things/conclusions will surface that night; with the expectations of the whole New Years thing....

If you a an extravagant gift giver, take this time to break that habit; return what you got and buy her a candle or something. I thnk she wnats out, but doesn't have the balls.
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Hey guys....thanks for posting...

That was my dilemma. Instead of ending things she wants to wait till after the holidays and see how things are. I don't know if I could handle that. I am not the one that wants to end things... she does. I really had no idea she was thinking this way.

It was her idea to invite my parents. I was OK with it till the shit started to hit the fan. Now I am just worried about drama.

It was also her idea to wait till after the holidays not mine. I am supposed to see her tonight. I will see how things are and go from there.

My gut tells me that it will be over tongiht...but we will see.

Oh about the gifts... we did not get each other anything. We planned a trip away together that can be cancelled at any time. I am not worried about that.

She was trying to put on a happy face for the holidays.

So I ended it.

It sucked... life goes on.

Sorry bro. Merry Christmas to you anyway!
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][/URL]

Thanks man...

I know my posts may come across as I am being cold but I really do care for her. I thought we had a pretty good thing going. I know it was not perfect but I enjoyed her company to the end.

Hopefully things will move on and I will be posting in the dating and sex forums soon