+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It was so obvious! Now what?

It was so obvious! Now what?

OK some of you may have been following this but for those who havent I'll summarize.

Friday before last I'm walking with a bunch of friends. This shy girl that I didnt know really well told me to walk with her, and we ended up walking with my arm around her waist and hers on my back. After that we started saying hi all the time and having short conversations in the halls at school.

Last Thursday after talking to her with her friends, I ran into her again as we were both in the line for the water fountain. She made a comment about me following her and I responded with some witty remark she laughed at. After she got her drink she started to walk away, but slowly, in that "I want to walk and talk with you but dont want to make it too obvious" kindof way.

Then Friday we had a sub in our class, so no seating assignment, she came in, floated around where I sit, and sat next to me. She made this comment about how far away I was sitting, so I scooted right next to her. We spent the entire period talking and playing little games. We were inseperable the whole time. After that I walk her to her locker, she shows me the picture of her dream car. After that I asked for her number and her face just lit up in a huge smile.

Later on that I night I go to a friends house with some more friends and she happens to be there with her bro. We all hangout around town for a few hours, but she PRACTICALLY IGNORED ME! She didnt say more than two sentences directly to me! I was kindof bummed about it, so my friend asks me whats up and I tell him. He explains that its because her brother and friends were there and that he should know because he used to be kindof involved with her. It doesnt really make since to me, I would think if she liked me she still would have altleast talked to me more, dispite the fact her bro was there. Any thoughts? I'd really appreciate alot of feedback on this one.

did you say her brother was there? Is he older? that might be why...she doessn't want her brother to know. Most likely, if he is anything like mine, he would want to kick your ass for hitting on his little sister. Brothers do that. Mine did all through high school. Listen I am sure she is interested in you. I wouldn't get to worried about that. Girls just do that. trust me
    Last edited by jane; 27-10-03 at 11:28 AM.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

Yeah he is older, but he doesnt seem like the "protective-brother" type, in fact my best friend, who was the closet thing this girl has had to a boyfriend, was really good friends with her brother. Also, and I don't mean to sound cocky, I could take the brother if we got in a fight, but I avoid fighting. I was sure she liked me before, now I'm not so sure. But I bet anthing things will be back to normal monday and I'll be back to uber-happy mode :p.

how does the brother feel about you? are guys friends?
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

We don't really know each other well, but get along well.

It could be that he had an issue with you and she knows it. So instead of starting something between him and you, she acts like there is nothing going on. Who Knows, the only thing I can say is give it more time. Don't rush into a cnclusion just yet. Keep me posted!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

Man, today the only contact we had was her saying hi to me as I passed, she didnt even look or talk to me when I was hanging with her little group. My best friend told one of her friends that I was interested in her, perhaps that friend told her and she actually WASNT interested and is now freaked out or something.

Argg, jeez I'm sick to death of the whole "does she like me or not" routine of high school, argg.

yeah, that sucks for sure. So do you think she isn;t interested in you because she found out you were interested in her? So high school. sorry. It gets better!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

its possible, I've kindof learned not to get crazy over a girl, to kindof play hard-to-get. And it seems to keep them interested, until they find out I guess, lol. Argg

High school girls dig that game, Especialy, if they like you too. I wish you luck on your quest my friend!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

lol yeah isnt it funny how we seem to like the ones who dont seem that interested in us?!? Human behavior is so funny.

its the whole conquered thing...We want them, they don't want us so I am going to try even harder to get them... The thrill of hte chase.. That's why we are still a species and not a "race" Understand?
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

LOL so true

glad you agree...!
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    - - Michael Nolan

confused about a girl I was SURE liked me

OK an update: I found out from her friend that she knows I like her, and things seemed positive, but after that she kindof stopped paying attention to me for a few days, part of which was that night we hung out. My best friend tells me that she sends mixed signals, so I just assumed that she wasnt interested. But today I'm walking to class, and she joins the hallway traffic right next to me. I say hi and we immediatly get into a conversation as I walked her to our class. On the way up the stairs she starts pretending that the climbs too much for her and braces her self on my shoulder. Then in class, coincidentally we had a sub again . I sat in my assigned seat, once again not noticing the sub. She and her girlfriends formed a little group to do their assignment. Then while I'm doing my work by myself, I've learned not to pay TOO much attention to a girl, she calls to me from 3 rows over "Hey *** your smart, come and work with us" seemingly innocent except she went ahead and did her own work anyway. So I'm thinking about asking her to a REAL date, but I think I should ask one of her friends just in case I am getting a mixed signal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast