+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That's your new partner?

That's your new partner?

Ever feel the boiling urge to ask an ex this question?

I had the... uh... privilege to meet my ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend about... eh, roughly two months ago. The guy was weird. Straight-up, absolutely, and totally creepy. He came up to me, it was at my show choir's fund-raising spaghetti dinner, and I was shocked. He looked like... well... he looked like me! However, this guy was a bit taller, much more lanky than I, and his chin was more profound than any philosophy you could uncover. His ankle-length black trench-coat glided a bit, adorned by his long black scarf...

Every bit of that conversation was awkward, despite his intentions. I did gain a little respect for him in the effort to be polite towards me that night, even though every bit of respect was immediately flashed with the thoughts of, "Hey, douche, way to be touching and groping my girlfriend behind my back. Guess what? You suck."

Has this ever happened to you? Have you ever met your ex's new partner and just want to ask, "You think this is an improvement?"

it all revovles around jelously... hes afraid that she might turn back to you and leave him...

hes feeling the same way as you would if u see guys flirting with ur girl.. i know it doesnt look like it.. but thats how new partner feels.. sometimes they feel uncomfortable that their gf/bf talks to their ex
    i know i would
    its very common.. everyone i know, their ex's new partners are always like that.. my cuzin's gf, her ex sometimes stocks her.. and see who she talks too but they're not even going out..

i know its wierd

NOT everyone is like this.. i know plenty of ppl would treat them with respect and be interested in them and maybe create a friendship but it would be a unsual feeling

Blech...

Let them be happy elsewhere. Let them stay in Philadelphia. I put that chapter in my life behind me, I don't need the reminder or the "resolution" of tying up some "bad terms".

It all seems so arbitrary.

Quote Originally Posted by TenorTwo
    ...and his chin was more profound than any philosophy you could uncover. His ankle-length black trench-coat glided a bit, adorned by his long black scarf...
    Hm. Interesting turns of phrasing.
    Speak less. Say more.

he sounds kinda like one of those columbine kids..

I never really liked him...

He had this way of putting himself way above of everyone else, and categorizing everyone based on their beliefs like some kind of existential filing-cabinet.

He's an objectivist.
    She's an optimist.

Apparently I'm a defeatist... whatever, he can call me a monkey-butt-spankatist... anyone who follows one track of mind about all the issues in his life is a little... blech...

He just seemed a little too into himself, and his philosophy...

Trying so hard to be stable really shows how unstable you are.

big words lol

I can relate to what you're feeling. After I broke up with my ex, I had the pleasure of meeting my replacement. He was tall, pale, very skinny, with sorta brownish-red hair. The guy reminded of Shaggy from Scooby-doo. My ex didn't even introduce him when we met. She hugged me in front of him, we talked a bit, and then I left. He just stood there silent the whole time. I felt bad for him b/c I knew he was a rebound. A few months later my ex broke up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by TenorTwo
    monkey-butt-spankatist...
    lol, i think I just learned a new word

It doesnt matter, she's not your girl anymore. The new guy is not neccesarily an imporvement, just a replacement. He may have some desirable qualities that you lacked, but more likely than not some negative qualities that you don't have. Don't read to much into it, just be happy for her that she found someone she thinks she can relate to.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have had the pleasure, multiple times, of having various friends of mine call me up and say "Hey, I saw your ex and his girlfriend. What the hell is he thinking?"

And I've met her myself, so I know this to be true. I don't know her personally, but I have the tiniest bit of satisfaction knowing that even if she's smarter or more friendly or whatever ....at least I kick her ass in the looks department.

Man, do I have some shallow moments or what.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Wierd stuff. I couldn't behave around my new GF's boyfriend. I would straight up kick his ass or just leave. It would annoy me being in a room with a person that was feeling my GF before.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

i wouldn't mind meeting my bf's ex... cause she wanted my bf back while i was dating him... she cheated on my bf and dumped him.. sad but hey if it didn't happen i wouldn't be with him. I'm very curious to see wat she looks like i've only seen her picture but in person and picture is so different. I'd would probably be thinking "*****.. who's the lucky girl now? cheater!!" when i see her haha!!.

I feel that way all the time with my Ex twice removed. But then again she's a deadbeat high school dropout who hasn't had a real job in 8yrs and has been knocked up twice by guys she's no longer with and who were both abusive.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yea I think it's kinda like a subconscious thing to amke us feel better soemtimes. Not saying their new partner is better than us but just like reassuring ourselves that we are better.

I had just started dating a guy (that I worked with) and one day at work he told me his friend was coming up for lunch and he wanted me to meet him, but he was bringing my guy's ex with him as well. So whatever, i go out there and see her and she was really pretty but very, very stuck up or maybe just towards me..who know's? But that was weird I still felt very confident and was nice to her. I guess he cheated on ehr several times and turned out he did the same to me as well, but told everyone I did it to him so he would come off as the good guy (which his friends told me later) but after we broke up, his same friend wasn't even allowed to talk to me or hang out with me at all because it "hurt" my ex too much. *cough* bullshit *cough*

But I did hear he's dating two chicks now that are under the age of 20 and may I add he is 26. that makes me laugh!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebud

But I did hear he's dating two chicks now that are under the age of 20 and may
    I add he is 26. that makes me laugh!
    I'm 26; consider me jealous.
    "Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're perfect in every way. I can't wait to look in the mirror, cause I get better loking each day. To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man. Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doing the best that I can." Mac Davis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast