+ Follow This Topic

Thread: women wearing thumb rings

women wearing thumb rings

Hi all,

I had an interesting discussion the other day about what the meaning of a thumb ring was.(when women wear them).
    Everybody seems to know a little, but nobody knows something concrete.
    One person said it's a sign that gay women use. I can't believe that, because there would be very many gay women then. Somebody else said it supposed to show that they are interested in a certain way of "lovemaking" (He didn't know what kind though).

I am not interested in details, but I really would like to know IF it is supposed to mean anything and if YES ... what?

Peter

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It doesn't mean anything. I have a thumb ring, and I am married w/ two kids. If anything, women wear them for the same reasons that one gets pierced or tatooed. It is just a (less permanent) way to decorate your body.

it means this: "i wanna wear a ring. a ring on my THUMB!"

Quote Originally Posted by funsounds
    it means this: "i wanna wear a ring. a ring on my THUMB!"

Thanks, but I am not asking without a reason. There are plenty of forums out there that say otherwise. I am not saying anything I am asking. If you are interested how detailed it can be. check this out:

[url]http://groups.google.com/group/alt.shoe.lesbians.moderated/browse_thread/thread/e4a2a7c718a00c07/fcfd30cd685c3a1f?lnk=st&q=e4a2a7c718a00c07&rnum=1& hl=en#fcfd30cd685c3a1f[/url]

You have to scroll down a bit, but you will find a very detailed "explanation"

As I said (quote myself) " I can't believe that, because there would be very many gay women then"

After all that's what forums are about, discussing things, right?

Peter
    ..... of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.

those people are idiots trying to take ownership of or attributing random meaning to an inocuous fashion statement...

dumb dumb dumb

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    i would think it's the same as a guy wearing an earring on his left ear. there are so many guys that have both sides peirced, that it doesn't really mean anything anymore.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I agree, some people just want to claim everything or think everything else has a meaning. There are many other logical reasons why women wear rings on their thumbs. Firstly some women wear their boyfriends rings on their thumb sometimes because it is the only digit that the ring fits without some paper rapped all around it. Also some women don’t want to wear rings on their ring fingers because many guys think that it means something there as well. IE she is wearing a ring on her finger, so, she must be taken or not wanting to meet anyone. Also some people just want to be different and have a conversation starter.

Don’t get me wrong many “signals” are out there for clothing and jewelry these days. Some gay person told me that if someone wears a certain color handkerchief out one of their back pants pockets it is saying one of many different things. One color supposedly means they like guys and girls, one color means they only like this kind of sex or that, another one supposedly means I’m not available. Don’t know if it is true but I have seen a lot of people wear things like that for “statements” or sometimes drug signals. IE green shirt and bandana for the pot dealer, blue for the crystal, white or purple for the acid dealer.