+ Follow This Topic

Thread: some opinions, please

some opinions, please

To cut a long story short, got back together with ex.

Unfortunately it was not meant to be, and just recently, it was called off.

Now this is the problem. I love him dearly as a best friend. From my point of view, I have no more doubts in my mind that we are not destined to be together as partners in life, but we work very well as best friends.
    He is of the opinion that our intellectual platonic attraction, will lead to a vicious circle of on-again-off-again involvement, which would be detrimental in long term.

I honestly believe that it would be very unlikely to happen anymore. Something died for me this time around, and I do not want him as partner anymore, but as a best friend.

I have told him so, explaining my reasoning and thought process that lead me to that conclusion.

As I am awaiting for him to think about it and let me know what he thinks about it, I just wanted to ask you what your opinions are.

Thanks in advance.

if u had committed once to him that u will marry him,,, dont change ur mind now.. u will be cheater for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by coolindian
    if u had committed once to him that u will marry him,,, dont change ur mind now.. u will be cheater for sure.
    I beg you pardon, if you got the wrong impression.

We were not on the verge of marriage, when I said it was called off, I meant to say the relationship was called off. I didn't cheat on him, he initiated the break.

I agree with the break, the relationship was not working, so there was not point in prolonging.

Just asking if my request to salvage the friendship is reasonable and something people would do.

it depends on ur understanding as friends, if one of u are not comfortable with being just freind no meaning again...

I don't see anything wrong with asking him to be your friend.

Just make sure not to send any mixed signals if he agrees. He might try keeping you around as a friend in order to win you back someday.

Also...if it is too hard for him to do this....I hope you would understand.