+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is this an STD or just an infection?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    Y'know they call 'em STI's now?
    Isn't that a car?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Isn't that a car?
    Not that I know of.

I started drinking cranberry juice today. How long am I supposed to drink it in order for it to clear out my system?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Drink LOTS of it for a full day - try to drink the whole bottle (I assume you got the half agllon size). If it is a urinary tract infection, it should correct itself within 24 hours. However, it is quite possible this is not a urinary tract infection. When was the last time you saw your gynecologist? You should really have yourself checked out, particularly if you have been sexually active. Have you had a pap smear before? It is SOOO important for good health.

do you have a fever and/or chills? if you do then go to the doc right away.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti
    When was the last time you saw your gynecologist? You should really have yourself checked out, particularly if you have been sexually active. Have you had a pap smear before? It is SOOO important for good health.
    I've never been to a gynecologist before and I've never had a pap smear. I've never really had a reason to.

Quote Originally Posted by misombra
    do you have a fever and/or chills? if you do then go to the doc right away.
    Nope. I don't have either.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by BertIsMyHomeboy
    I've never been to a gynecologist before and I've never had a pap smear. I've never really had a reason to.
    You do now.

The time to see a gynecologist is ideally before you begin having sex so you can begin using birth control that is more reliable than condoms. After that, you normally go once a year to be given a pap smear, or more frequently if you are having unusual things going on. This is especially important for teenage girls because STD rates are so outrageously high in this age group, and kids are not monogomous.

If you don't feel you can talk to your parents about your need to see a gynecologist, you ought to check into Planned Parenthood. They provide low-cost services for teenagers and low-income women.

Bertismyhomeboy----Vashti gives good advise!
    In the meantime (assuming you are like every other teenage girl) stop wearing tight jeans. I see girls wearing jeans so tight they can hardly sit down. It's really bad 'cause there's no airflow and it will aggravate your situation.
    Wear 100% cotton underwear. Wear skirts.

i say, just go naked!

Quote Originally Posted by funsounds
    i say, just go naked!
    lolzz i wouldn't say to go that extreme but you should get it checked. I had a pap test resently and if was my first one. I'm just releaved i got that over with and know that nothing is infected or going hay wire in my system. Drinking lots of cranberry juice does help a LITTLE but you should still get it checked out by a professional. If it really isn't a urinary tract problem then wats the point of drinking a whole jug of cranberry juice even thought it's still good for your body with lots of vitamin C and everything. Get to the bottom of it and know wat the real problem is instead of just guessing cause none of us here are doctors.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I have read up a little, and I saw that smelly urine can be a symptom of diabetes in addition to a urinary tract infection. Kidney stones can also cause odor, but you would probably have some serious pain associated with that. Sugar does not seem to be associated with smelly urine, but asparagus is.

Really, you should see a doctor.

definitely. i have a feeling you're having some kind of bacterial infection. wear a condom every time you have sex. you don't know what sick diseases people have. a condom probably won't even stop a bacterial infection from getting through. i've heard condoms hardly protect you from hiv too. you have to be really careful when you have sex nowadays.

I have read up a little, and I saw that smelly urine can be a symptom of diabetes in addition to a urinary tract infection. Kidney stones can also cause odor, but you would probably have some serious pain associated with that. Sugar does not seem to be associated with smelly urine, but asparagus is.

True, but chances are as young as she is Diabetes would have already been caught at this age, and kidney stones would be rare at that age as well, and the pain would give it away.

My money is on tract. Any kid that is having sex should have already been seen. If you don't talk to your parents or a doctor NOW, you are likely to develop something you aren't going to want eventually.

Tell your parents it hurts and nothing is working. Then, talk to a doctor about what is going on. You are still a minor, so the doctor could tell your parents about your sexual promscuity, but might not. This is good if you are trying to keep it from your parents.

Either way, nothing anyone says here is going to fix you, unless you come to San Diego and let me look at your cooch.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12